Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Church Marriage Certificate

Toggle
Church Marriage Certificate
Answer
9/21/11 12:22 PM
Friends,
I tried searching posts related to church marriage, but couldn't find any, hence i am posting this new thread.

1)I got married in a church in Bangalore in 2006
2)Marriage was solemnized by the pastor who holds valid marriage license.
3)I got the church certificate from this pastor
4)On this church certificate, Pastors registration number is mentioned.
5)After the marriage, we shifted to Delhi, since then we are living here in Delhi.
6)Now i need to apply for German National Visa(long term) for me/wife and child, in Delhi Embassy.
7)One of the documents needed by embassy is Marriage certificate, and it says "religious certificate not accepted"

Now here is my question,
My marriage certificate has a church name on it, but no government seal, and it is issued by the person who holds the authority to solemnize the marriage. This person maintains a marriage Register which is submitted to the local Registrar office for their record.

Technically speaking, church certificate issued to me should be considered as a valid marriage certificate, but embassy may reject this as a religious certificate by looking at the church name on it.

can someone share there experience on this?

I know i can get the valid marriage certificate from the government, for which i need to follow the special marriage act procedure which will take at least 30days that i don't have.

please suggest,
Br,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Church Marriage Certificate
Answer
9/21/11 1:23 PM as a reply to adav adav.
>>I know i can get the valid marriage certificate from the government, for which i need to follow the special marriage act procedure which will take at least 30days that i don't have.

Well, you have to find time to get the certificate otherwise the visa application will get rejected and will lead to a further delay in processing the permit.

It is India man, you can make the process work faster if you know the right person or have the right tool...u understand what i mean ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/11 2:05 PM as a reply to adav adav.
Hi,

I got married by Hindu rituals and got an affidavit from the priest who solemnised the marriage. After that we went to the local muncipal authorities and got our marrige registered with the photographs and affidavits..it was very simple..I think in your case also you can go to Banglore registration office with the church certificate and get your normal marriage certificate...

Best regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/11 4:50 PM as a reply to adav adav.
Thanks Raj and punar for your valuable inputs,
btw punar: we got married 5 years ago, do we need to visit Bangalore to get this certificate? or can we do the same in Delhi?
In your case, did you go to local authority the same day you got married?
thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/11 3:19 PM as a reply to adav adav.
I did the next day, but I think that it should be still possible as you are holding the valid certificate from Church...maybe you can search for a lawyer/facilitator in Bangalore who can help you doing this without going to Bangalore...
check this site https://www.yourmaninindia.com/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/11 12:21 PM as a reply to adav adav.
In anycase, make sure your documents are correct and true cause they became so careful that they send lawyers at your costs to interview the local authority that married you. Any doubt or mistake lead to a denial and to lots of frustrations and fighting. Good luck
Bolo
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/11 6:53 PM as a reply to adav adav.
Friends,
Just wanted to update everyone related to church marriage certificate in Bangalore,

If you are married in Bangalore under christian marriage act, Its easy to get it registered from the government. Just carry the following documents
(of both partners)

1)4 passport size photographs,
2)ID proof(PAN, DL etc)
3)10th or 12 Marks sheet(DOB proof)
f4)Address proof (passport or Ration card, or any other proof).
5)Church Marriage certificate.
6)two witness(not the parents of either partner).

visit Govt Authorized Marriage Registrar,
A Ananda Leo,
51/2, Kenchappa Road(Opp Everest Theatre),
Fraser Town, Bangalore-5

in 30minutes you will get marriage certificate, and then get it attested by Home Dept(Kaveri Bhavan or Shanthi Nagar BMTC Building).

Before visiting Home Dept, carry 100Rs receipt from any BangaloreOne counter.

Home Dept, will attest it in 3 to 4 days, and then, if needed get this certificate apostillized from the Ministry of External Affairs(Patiala House Delhi).

Good Luck.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Church Marriage Certificate
Answer
11/8/14 9:54 AM as a reply to adav adav.
Hi Xtreamer,

How much the Marriage Registrar Charged ? 

In my case i got the chruch certificate but the person was asking around Rs 4000/- to get it done .

Please help me in proceeding further

Thanks,
Rockstar
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7