Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany

Toggle
Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany chandrasekar krishnamurthy 1/14/05 4:38 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany YO 1 1/14/05 4:54 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Prasad Koparkar 1/17/05 1:26 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Denis von Domikulic 1/17/05 2:20 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany NoBody 1/17/05 5:00 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Denis von Domikulic 1/17/05 7:13 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Prasad Koparkar 1/17/05 8:44 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany chandrasekar krishnamurthy 1/18/05 12:08 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Rajesh Shankar 1/18/05 1:50 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany chandrasekar krishnamurthy 1/18/05 3:05 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany YO 1 1/18/05 3:12 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Rajesh Shankar 1/18/05 3:24 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany chandrasekar krishnamurthy 1/24/05 2:59 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany NoBody 1/24/05 3:15 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Striker Me 2/10/05 11:40 AM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Kiran Kumar Lagisetti 2/10/05 4:57 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Deepak Bhatt 2/10/05 10:40 PM
Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany Denis von Domikulic 2/11/05 5:18 PM
Hello folks,
I need your help.
My daughter was born in India in November'05 and she is coming along with my wife next week.
After coming here what are the formalities to be done for the Baby.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Formalities to be done after Baby's arrival in Germany
Answer
1/14/05 4:54 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Congratulations Chandra!

But I suppose your children has already borned isn´t it (you said she was borned on november 05!)

First, you have to Ammeld in your Rathaus your daughter. For that you will need a document for her (or maybe she is added in the pass of your wife, that´s enought)

Second, you will need a birth certificate (translated and with Apostille) and maybe also a marriage certificate. This you have to do in your home country

Third, you have to go with the Ammeldung and the birth certificate to the Familienkasse, in Arbeitsamt to start the papers for the Kindergeld

Fourth: depending your salary, you can receive or not Kindererziehungsgeld

I think I didn´t forget anything

Good luck

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 1:26 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Can somebody tell me the exact procedure for Kindergeld? Can I download the forms? What is the salary limit for that?

Thanks,

prkoparkar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 2:20 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
find Erziehungsamt in your town and go there.
There is no salary limit. You get 154€/Kind
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 5:00 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
There is a salary limit indeed, people like us (GCs, with the normal GC salary) can only get it for 6 months (I posted this questions some weeks ago).

And in fact, I never want to the Rathaus of my former town to do all that, only to Ausländeramt to get her a visa and then down to the Burgeramt to register her, but that was a long time ago, dunno if it has changed.

What you will surely get is the Kindergeld, but for the Erziehung one, then you salary will be checked.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 7:13 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
I think you had Erziehungsgeld for only 6 months, Kindergeld lasts until Uni-Diplom.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 8:44 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
what is this 'Erziehungsgeld ' ? what is the eligibility criteria? I am on GC and staying in Cologne from last 7 months. My family have just arrived in cologne and I am completing the necessary formalitied. I have already registered their residence and have changed my tax class to 3.(I have 2 kids). What elase I need to do?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/05 12:08 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Thanks YO and others for your answers and advice.
Regarding Erziehungsgeld, I heard the law has changed for babies born after 01.01.2004. The limit for the salary is 30000 Euros brutto.That was the information I got from the Erziehungsgeld Rechner on the internet.
Before it was 50000 euros. Since all the GC's are above this bracket we are not eligible for this money.
But in one website I saw it was 30000 euros Netto.
So I need to clarify this with the local authorities.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/05 1:50 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hi,

With respect to Erzieungsgeld, All children will get 300€per money( no salary constraints) for 6 months and then rest lies on your salary level. If have got paid only for 6 months the year before you got your child. you have a good chance of getting Erzieungsgeld for 1 year minimum. Nevertheless, you are free to apply for 2 years.

Kindergeld is 154€ per month and it is given till 27years or still your child had his own household.

You can get all forms in the Internet. but u need some stamp from your Auslandsamt and your Krankenkasse.

Now an interesting question!! Earlier only people who had A'launis got ERz Geld but now all have A'laubnis so now students who have children have also the right to get ERZ geld???

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/05 3:05 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hi Rajesh,
After going through this website I feel the Erziehungsgeld is totally salary dependent. Might be this is a new law from 2004.
Many of my colleagues who got their babies delivered 2 months ago have not got bundeserzihungsgeld.
I feel the salary was the main reason.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/05 3:12 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hey Chandra

Just try by yourself!

http://www.lvf.bayern.de/erziehungsgeld/rechner/rechner.html

Regards

YO

PS: Results for Landeserziehungsgeld may vary. This is for Bayern. Bundeserziehungsgeld is for all Germany
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/05 3:24 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hi,

I got for my second baby just 4 months before. I had no problems in getting erzieungsgeld , infact i got a small sum even for 6-12 month period and the first 6 months, everyone gets for sure 300€.

Just go to the Familenamt and apply for erzieungsgeld or ask your local rathaus

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/05 2:59 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hello guys,
Thanks for the advice.One last question.
Is there anything to be done regarding the Lohnsteuerkarte after getting a child?

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/05 3:15 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Yes, add him up and get more money :-) Bring the birth certificate with you. Can't remember if you have to get him a visa first or if it could be done after.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/05 11:40 AM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hi rajeshspg.

From Your comments, I believe that everyone should be getting 300 EUR per month atleast for the first 6 months as ErG.

Which state are You from ?
And when was the last time You got this ErG ? I mean when was the last time You had applied for and Your application was accepted ?

From YO's post at 'http://trust7.com/en/forums/integration/baby_s_visa_other_formalities#msg11743' it seems that in Bayern You can only get ErG if Your salary is below 30 K.

It seems that each state has its own practice.

Cheers,
Nitin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/05 4:57 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Few more lines about ErG ?

As someone said, there is some salary limit on who can get this money. Last year May , I went to Sozial amt for this money(my second daughter) and I was told few rules which came up last year and refused this money. For my first daughter in 2001 , we have claimed this money (about 3600 Marks).

Gruss
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/05 10:40 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
I also applied for ErG for my son born in Nov 2004 but it got rejected stating that my salary is above limit.

I think now they have reduced the limit to Eur 30,000
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/11/05 5:18 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
You should do your kids quicker.
I managed to get daughter in 2003. 2004 was already to late because of this 30k limit.
I think every GC has more.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18