Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Residence address for Family visa

Toggle
Residence address for Family visa
Answer
10/16/09 3:58 PM
Hi

I share my apartment with my friend now. Both of us are planning to bring our families to Germany. Is it possible that we can quote the same address for both our family visa application ? Is this ok if the condition of 12 m2 per person codition for apartment size is met?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Residence address for Family visa
Answer
10/16/09 5:37 PM as a reply to Sandhya Syama.
Do the ABH not ask for the letter from Landlord that the house is suitable for two persons? If yes, then i am sure your Landlord will not give such a letter for both of you at the same time for the behörde. Are both of you planning to have the family in the same house?

The only solution is to decide who is going to stay in the present house with the family. The other person can then get a housecontract for a future date and use the present house address for the application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/09 5:55 PM as a reply to Sandhya Syama.
Some times ABH do not ask for a letter from landlord but they will ask for mietvertrag (which also includes the size of apartment). Generally the mietvertrag will be on a single person's name and that person can send the copy for family reunion visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/09 6:17 PM as a reply to Sandhya Syama.
For example: Landerstrasse 50, 12345 MUSTER might have 20 houses. At this address, if you are staying in two different appartments/houses then you can quote that address, if your house is 12.5 sqm per person.

Same house, 2 families, even if you meet the 12.5 criteria, might have consequences and delay, if ABH notices it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/09 11:37 PM as a reply to Sandhya Syama.
Hi Sandhyasyama,

the best thing is to ask the concerned person in ABH about per person sqare meter requirement. I do not remember it unfortunately but last year I had only a 16 sq.mt. room which was not suffient to invite 2 friends of mine from India. I asked my landlord to provide me with a letter say that extra 20 sq. mt. room will be rented in case my frineds visit me in Germany and stay at my place.

Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18