Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

family reunion visa rejected as husband is doing his thesis

Toggle
Hi,
I applied for family reunion visa on 8th of October 2014 and on 19th of December I got a post from German consulate in chennai saying my visa is rejected as my husband cannot finance my stay in germany.
My husband is doing his masters thesis at DLR Munich
In my application form I clearly mentioned that I going to sponsor my stay in Germany and showed an amount of 10,000 £ in Indian currency and my husband showed a balance of 4000£ which should be enough for our stay for an year and his stipend money. I would also want to mention that he already worked for an year and had a blue card and gave up his blue card to student visa for completing his thesis.
So, what are the chances of rejection again if I re-apply for a family reuinion visa, and if I apply for schengan visa now will there be any problem later for applying a family reunion visa again.
Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: family reunion visa rejected as husband is doing his thesis
Answer
12/25/14 8:49 AM as a reply to yamini.
For spouse visa application your husband needs to show sufficient monthly income and adequate accommodation to support the spouse. In this case bank balance only is not sufficient. His monthly stipend is what the Consulate will mainly consider. I can tell you from experience that a friend of mine who got a Post-Doc position in Munich successfully applied for his wife's visa by showing monthly stipend of 1800 euros and 35 sq.m. furnished studio apartment.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott