Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

new here, got NE!

Toggle
new here, got NE!
Answer
9/13/05 5:28 PM
Hi all,

I am new on this Forum. Please let me introduce myself, I have been working in Munich since Sep. 2000 with GC as a “Software Entwickler und IT Berator”.

Today I got the “Niderlassungserlaubnis” gemäß § 18 Abs. 4.

Reading your experiences with the “Niderlassungserlaubnis”, I realised that all of you got it based on based on §9. I have applied personaly one month ago without any lawyer. Should be a difference not beeing based on § 9, but on § 18?

Another question is: my spouse didn’t get the “Niderlassungserlaubnis”, instead a 3 years “Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet Aufenhaltstitel”, because she joined me one year later, 2001 (KFR). She was told, she should apply for the NE next year when she will complete the 5 years of living in Germany. Have you experienced the same situation? I think, it should be no problem next year for she, but I still don’t understand why she didn’t get it now?

Thank you all in advance and I Wish You All The Best in getting the NE!

Kind Regards,

csharp
0 (0 Votes)

Re: new here, got NE!
Answer
9/13/05 5:41 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Hi csharp, congrats, you wanna make me start a new §18 Club :-)

"Should be a difference not beeing based on § 9, but on § 18?", most important is that it's a NE, right :-) but I will check the § and check what it says, never checked that before.

"but I still don’t understand why she didn’t get it now?", because she's an adult and has to make her application on her own and according to that, she doesn't yet have the necessary 5 years for. It's a normal case, my wife got the same but it just shows that her application will be of no pbm when done.

D
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 5:46 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
"Today I got the “Niderlassungserlaubnis” gemäß § 18 Abs. 4."

Thats crazy, § 18 covers only “Aufenthalterlaubnis” it cant be a ground for alloting “Niderlassungserlaubnis”. may be they gave you an unlimited Aufenthalterlaubnis :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 5:49 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Hi, D!

thanks alot!

ok, let's have a §18 Club :-)

congrats u too!

csharp
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 5:54 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Hi, Akshay!

yes, I got an "Aufenthaltstitel" - "gültig bis: UNBEFRISTET."

csharp
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 5:55 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Just read the §18 and they made a mistake :-) but who cares? I fear you gonna be the only one in the §18 Club, it could be tiresome ;-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 5:57 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
@csharp

and it's written NE nowhere? In fact NE is just an unbefristet AE, so it's the same thing, only in different terms.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 5:57 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
and as I sed:

"ART DES TITLES: NIDERLASSUNGSERLAUBNIS."
"Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet".

csharp
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 6:37 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Hi, D.!

"It's a normal case, my wife got the same but it just shows that her application will be of no pbm when done."

Can you pls explain in more details what you ment here? "her application will be of no pbm when done."

Thanks!

csharp
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 7:09 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Let me know how did you get it because I had limited Aufenthaltserlaubnis according to AufenthG § 18.4. I think its totally wrong. Do you earn more than 84K Euro per year? If you have Unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis according to AufenthG § 18.5, then its Niederlassungserlaubnis für Hochqualifizierte. Otherwise it should be according to AufenthG § 9 as you have green card since 2000 and if you have paid 60 months pension contribution.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 7:30 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
"Let me know how did you get it because I had limited Aufenthaltserlaubnis according to AufenthG § 18.4. "
>> I don't know :-)

"Do you earn more than 84K Euro per year? "
>>I would like to! :-):-) No, not so much!

"If you have Unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis according to AufenthG § 18.5, "
>>is according to § 18.4 not § 18.5.

"then its Niederlassungserlaubnis für Hochqualifizierte."
>>ich habe keine Ahnung!!!

"Otherwise it should be according to AufenthG § 9 as you have green card since 2000 and if you have paid 60 months pension contribution."

>> I agree with you! :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/05 8:44 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
@csharp

"Otherwise it should be according to AufenthG § 9 as you have green card since 2000 and if you have paid 60 months pension contribution."

Correction!!....if you have green-card before Jan 2005 and completed 60 months of stay in germany then you don't need to have paid 60 months of pension contribution for NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Congratulations!! I am also looking for one
Answer
9/15/05 8:51 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Hi,
I am working in Germany since 2003 on Green Card.
So, I have Aufenthaltserlaubnis and Work permit till 2008, and is bounded to the company I am working for. Read somewhere that, I can apply for a 'Unlimited Work Permit' after 3 years. Is that true?? I want to resign from my current company and go contracting in Germany. Is it possible for me to do that, with my Green Card?? How do I go about it??

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/15/05 9:02 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Hi,
I am about to complete my 3 years in Germany on GC, and would be interested in converting to to unlimited WP. How do I do that??

Please let me know...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/05 3:43 AM as a reply to P............. G..............
to mushtaq77 and mgerman,

I see that you are GC (Greencard) holders since 2003 and 3 years but you have been members in this forum for about 2-3 days...

Please search the forum first, read the posts before. You will find the answers of your questions.

Klenze17
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/05 2:46 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Hi csharp,

wie lange hat die Bearbeitungszeit für NE bei Dir gedauert?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/05 3:07 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
Hi,
I am new to this forum, and found this quite interesting. But, I didnt get much info on the 2005 processes for converting my GC into unlimited WP. Is it possible for you to send the link atleast..please.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/05 5:42 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
@toni2000

~ ein Monat.

csharp
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/05 6:12 PM as a reply to P............. G..............
@mgerman

Try and search for Beschäftigung Erlaubt or BE
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3