Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

New in Germany

Toggle
New in Germany
Answer
12/9/14 9:21 PM
My wife is coming to DE for the first time.

Can anyone please tell me if I need to register her for Wohnung anmeldung or first with Ausländerbehörde? 

I will get her name included in my health insurance after she arrives. Do I also need to show health insurance for my wife when we go to Ausländerbehörde or we can do this later? 

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: New in Germany
Answer
12/9/14 10:25 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
1.) Anmeldung at Einwohnermeldamt ( Need translated Marriage certificate )
2.) Family Health Insurance ( Also needs marriage certificate )
3.) Change tax class at Finanzamt after one week of Anmeldung
4.) Apply for a visa extension at Auslaenderbehoerde ( Needs Family health insurance )
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/10/14 9:03 AM as a reply to Rudolph Patel.
Thank you so much for the information and your time.

Can I ask you again, if it is necessary only to have the Anmeldung at Einwohneramt to change the Tax class or I also need to go to the Auslönderbehorde before I apply for the change in my Tax class. As the tax year is soon going to end, I think we can only make it to Einwohneramt and later early next year to Ausländerbehorde
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/14 10:06 AM as a reply to Raj Arora.
Anmeldung is necessary for a change in tax class. You may change your tax class anytime. Anmeldung and health insurance is nessary to extend the visa. So, anmeldung first, then health insurance. After that go to Auslaenderbehoerde and finanzamt.

Maybe you can go to Auslaenderbehoerde just to collect the visa extension form and the list of required documents.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/10/14 2:01 PM as a reply to Rudolph Patel.
Your answer makes sense.

Thanks again!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3