Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

NE, "Erziehungsurlaub" and leaving Germany for coupe of years

Hi,

could somebody help me with these questions:

1. Is it possible for me to take an "Erziehunsurlaub" in case that my wife is not working, a housewife (Arbeitslos ? is it the same ?)
Our son is now 3 months old.
see --->
"Anspruch auf Erziehungsurlaub besteht, wenn
der im selben Haushalt lebende andere Elternteil erwerbstätig oder *****arbeitslos***** oder in Ausbildung ist"

2. If I'm not mistaken, it is possible to get the Erziehunsurlaub until max. of 3 years.
So is it possible during this 3 years periode of time that we stay at our home country without losing our NE ( me and my wife have currently NE) ?

Thank you very much for your help
0 (0 Votos)

Re: NE, "Erziehungsurlaub" and leaving Germany for coupe of years
Respuesta
5/01/06 15:34 en respuesta a K K.
Hi Manado

Well. First thing I will point is I'm not an expert in this subject. I only will give you my point of view as a father.

AFAIK you can take Erziehungsurlaub. But MAYBE just maybe if your child is three months old is too late. Normally this start running just before the child is borned or at the moment of birth.

Second: during Erziehungsurlaub you receive your ONLY for the first months (I guess here in D is the first 6 salaries). Later the term means you can go back to your job up to three years later and your boss has to return you your old salary and workplace but you receive no money!!!

Third NE or not NE I think if you are out or Germany more than 6 months you lost your status and you have to start from scratch.

Fourth: Housewife and Arbeitslos is not the same AFAIK. To be Arbeitslos a condition is to "search for job and cannot find a place"

So, hope not to be wrong but if am I wrong, surely one of our experts can correct me
0 (0 Votos)

Re: NE, "Erziehungsurlaub" and leaving Germany for coupe of years
Respuesta
5/01/06 17:23 en respuesta a K K.
I think if you are in Erziehungszeit, is it a good reason for us to ask the auslaenderbehoerde to allow us leaving germany for more than 6 months because we are still have a secure job.
I know that there is kind of a special permission if you were send abroad from the company and it lasts more than 6 months

( Why should that be a problem to germany, we don't ask for unempoyment money and they can stop the kindergeld while you are not in germany)

The main idea is if you like to setup something in your home country, 6 months in not an enough time to know if you can/will return back forever to your home country. After being 2 or 3 years at home, probably somebody would better justify if they would be stay in germany forever or go back home forever .

Thanks for your views as a father
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18