Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Will I be kicked out if I don't fulfill the language requirement?

Toggle
I am an US citizen, married to a german and we moved to germany in 2005. I have a 3 year residence visa which expires in 2 years. My visa states I need to do the integration class before I can get it renewed.

Does anyone know if they can kick me out if I don't fulfill this requirement? Are exceptions or extensions given?

The reasons why I don't want to do it is that I have a 2 year old child and I don't have childcare nor would I want to be away from him so long even if I did. Also, I'm not motivated as we only plan to be here another 3 years, we have no plans to move here permanently.

All I want to be able to do is to renew my visa for one more year or so when it expires in 2009.

I've been doing research and have read that there may be exceptions if taking care of a young child or family member. I also read someplace that another exception maybe in one holds a university degree.

Has anyone heard of these exceptions or any others which may apply to me?

I'd really appreciate any info anyone has!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Will I be kicked out if I don't fulfill the language requirement?
Answer
3/13/07 1:51 PM as a reply to Rebecca Knssl.
oh this americans.
never want to learn anything but their english.

just learn the german language. it will certainly do you good.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/07 11:53 AM as a reply to Rebecca Knssl.
@ DVD

Why do you blame a country for being proud of their language. I think most people in the world dont want to learn languages. It is the interest, motivation and the needs which make you to learn a language.

I fully understand that being in Germany and knowing German ( even for 2 years ) will help to a great extent. But in circumstances of having an infant and spending sleepless nights will give no motivation to make homework in your language course.

I think only because of language patriotism lot of wars are still being fought(Srilanka and Tamils as a example). So, if you want to claim a free world , i think you need to give freedom to decide.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/07 3:49 PM as a reply to Rebecca Knssl.
Thanks for the replies so far.

This is an important time for a parent to be with a child. This is widely recognized which is why countries such as germany do give women maternity leave. I think that an extension should also be granted for the language class for women with young children.

You know DVD that it's hard to think of sacrificing this time with my young son when there is no real urgency to do so and for a language I will almost never use again in a few years -- hardly seems worthwhile to put a 2 year old in day care for 6 hours a day, does it?

I am sure that I am not the only mother who was come upon this problem, so any thoughts would be appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/07 5:26 PM as a reply to Rebecca Knssl.
@mendyh

What is the exact clause on your residence permit ?

As a spouse of a German, you always have a right of extension of your residence permit as long as you live with your German spouse and he/she accompanies you.

German Residence Act regulates this as follows :
http://www.zuwanderung.de/english/downloads/aufenthgengl.pdf

It is true that the extension may be refused if you don't attend an integration course, but only if you are not entitled to an extension. (See Section 8 Paragraph 3)

BUT as a spouse of a German, you are entitled to a residence permit(this is not at the discretion of the Alien Office) as Section 28 Paragraph 1 clearly states.

And look what Section 28 Paragraph 2 tells about the situation:

(2) As a rule, the foreigner shall be granted a settlement permit if he or she has been
in possession of a residence permit for three years, the family household with the
German continues to exist in the Federal territory, there are no grounds for expulsion
and the foreigner is able to communicate verbally in the German language on a basic
level.
The residence permit shall otherwise be extended as long as the family
household continues to exist.

As you see, in the worst case the issue of a settlement permit may be refused but the extension of a normal residence permit should be always granted regardless of your attandence at an integration course. (the bold written part)

So no worries..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7