Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Got my NE in Munich today

Toggle
Got my NE in Munich today Guneshwar Mayanglambam 4/20/06 1:22 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today NoBody 4/20/06 1:35 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today trust7 4/20/06 1:42 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Pankaj Daga 4/20/06 4:11 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Jim Dav 4/20/06 6:43 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Guneshwar Mayanglambam 4/21/06 12:56 AM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Samir el Mustafa 4/24/06 6:03 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Marius Huianu 4/24/06 6:14 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Samir el Mustafa 4/24/06 6:45 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today - - 4/26/06 2:31 AM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Pankaj Daga 4/26/06 12:52 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Jim Dav 4/26/06 1:28 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today - - 4/26/06 9:39 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Samir el Mustafa 4/27/06 10:05 AM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Pankaj Daga 4/27/06 12:17 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Jim Dav 4/27/06 12:42 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Jim Dav 4/27/06 1:03 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today - - 4/27/06 2:36 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Jim Dav 4/27/06 3:31 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Samir el Mustafa 4/27/06 4:00 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today - - 4/29/06 7:32 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Jim Dav 5/1/06 11:40 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today - - 5/2/06 2:45 AM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today cybigi tempo 5/3/06 8:16 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Pankaj Daga 5/4/06 12:51 AM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Jim Dav 5/4/06 12:39 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today cybigi tempo 5/5/06 8:38 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Alex I 5/12/06 3:45 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today NoBody 5/12/06 4:03 PM
Re: Got my NE in Munich today Pankaj Daga 5/13/06 3:37 AM
Got my NE in Munich today
Answer
4/20/06 1:22 PM
I got my NE in Munich today and it was just painless and so easy and quick. It just took 30 minutes (can you imagine). I came to germany in September 2000.

My duaghter got a visa for 10 years and the Beamter told me that when i come to extend my wife's stay permit she will give a permanent residence for my daughter and for my wife.

Any information on what Para 9 means is highly appreciated. If anyone from Munich need any info regarding the documents etc. Feel free to email me at mayanglambam@gmx.net

Thanks to Trust 7 Community for all the valuable informations.

Cheers,
Gune
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Got my NE in Munich today
Answer
4/20/06 1:35 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Well, it's been long since I've said that: Welcome to the §9-NE Club.

As you've been here since long, I think you know German so info on §9 can be found and read at http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#9

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/06 1:42 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Hi Gune,

congratulations from my side, too!

I remember your first time in Germany and I can not believe as time rushes.

I wish you all the best for the future
Detlef :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/06 4:11 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
@gune: Congrats!

Did you get the Daueraufenthalt EG clause in your NE? I also went to the Munich KVR today and submitted all my papers. I will get my NE at end of May. However, the beamter said that they still do not have any instructions on how to award the above mentioned clause. They will do it eventually but might take some time.

I am moving to London soon and hence it would be very important for me to get that clause on my NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/06 6:43 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
How did you do the security check? I thought it usually take some time? I guess you have done it and then submit as part of your application to get it done within 30 min?

Best
JIM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/06 12:56 AM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
I did not have the clause "Daueraufenthalt EG", actually I did not bother about that for personal reasons.

JIM, I did not have any security check at all. I went there and submitted the application form along with the req documents and it was finished thats it.

The documents I submitted are as follows:
- 1 passport photograph
- Last three months salary slip
- Apartment contract
- Letter from your employer with the intention to keep you on work for an unlimited period.

Cheers,
Gune
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/06 6:03 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Congratulations!!!

I applied for NE in December. My green-card lasts till end of this month. I waited to get a notice from the Foreign Office which I didn’t in the past days. I dropped by the office today and explained to the Beamter I was waiting for a notice. With a smile he answered me back that he knew I would come by myself and that way he would save the 56 cents for the post. emoticon
He also added that my files are ready. I left my passport there to fetch it on May the 3rd with NE sticker on it. emoticon

I am happy the things went smooth and I wish the same luck to all the ones who are looking forward for the NE.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/06 6:14 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Congratulations Jammin!

Did they counted the time spent in Germany with the visa stamped by the german embassy from your country? Or they counted only the time after you got the Aufenthaltserlaubnis?

Regards,
Marius
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/06 6:45 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Thanks!

I started to work in May the 2nd 2001. I received Aufentalserlaubnis or GC some days later. Its duration was from 01.05.2001 till 30.04.2006.
I don't have the passport with me to tell the exact day when I was issued the visa by the German embassy. But for sure it was before 1st of May 2001.
I can conclude that the date you started to work is what counts.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/26/06 2:31 AM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
"I left my passport there to fetch it on May the 3rd with NE sticker on it."

If your employer kicks you out before May the 3rd and informs immigration office about that, you will not get NE and they will not give you your pass back ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/26/06 12:52 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
"If your employer kicks you out before May the 3rd and informs immigration office about that, you will not get NE and they will not give you your pass back."

That is spectacularly untrue, especially the last part!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/26/06 1:28 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Informationen zum Aufenthaltstitel-Daueraufenthalt-EG

http://www.duesseldorf.de/auslaenderamt/daueraufenthalt_eg/index.shtml

Can someone comment on this?

Q1) Has this being widely available in all cities?
Q2) Has anyone got it yet?

Thank you

JIM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/26/06 9:39 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
"That is spectacularly untrue, especially the last part!"

why is that untrue, if he will not have any job on May 3rd and immigration office will know that, he will have to apply for unemployment benefit => immigration office will not give him NE. As for pass - do you think they took it from him without any reason? why do something like that? I can think only about one reason ... sometimes employers kick out people not in accordance to law and hope that immigration office will deport them before they can defend themselves ...

i wouldn't say they will deport him immediately in such a case. But it should be expected that they will keep his pass and explain him that he must search for a new job, 'cause without that new job they can't process his NE-application. If he doesn't find any new job in, let's say, 3-4 months ... they already have his pass ...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/06 10:05 AM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
I agree with xenon123!

Two of our colleagues who had GCs were fired before receiving the NE. They were for some time (about 5 months) jobless, but fortunately after obtaining their NEs they found new jobs.
Read between the lines:
- got jobless while having GC,
- got NE,
- then got job.

And another thing, the Ausländerbehörde knows that my company is going to be closed down end of September this year. Wouldn’t you think they would prefer to set end of September as an issue date just to say to me “adiós amigo”?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/06 12:17 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
I just lost my job and the KVR knows about it. I applied for NE and the guy said there are no problems and I should have it at end of may (when my 5 years are up).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/06 12:42 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
"Encouragement and know/share the truth"
After being here in Germany for some time, I think most foreigners have some probability of getting some "shit" for no good reasons. Some of us just ignore or perhaps learn from it and go on to set up a life here while others became very bittle (and perhaps have left Germany but still join this discussion group) to add non-constructive remarks that confuse the reality.

I hope for many of us who are positive do continue to keep the discussion going with the intention to project the reality. For new comers, there are lots of valuable advice here and try your best to find them and be more prepared before approaching the Beamter and do not get too discouraged if "shit" do happen. I have not found a report stating how many people have received NE, but I believe this number is increasing steadily and it will get better. It used to be a norm to wait for a few months for the security check, as seen from a few recent examples, the process can speed up to like 2 weeks or even less depending on where you apply.

JIM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/06 1:03 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Learning from other examples cited here, it is sometimes prudent to approach the head of the department instead of just the first service counter which is supposed to help directing you to the right person.

For example, for some cities, all the exact procedures are clearly available on the internet while others set up procedure that require you to contact them to find out what extra forms to fill.

Try contacting the head to find out what is the prefered procedure and if you are not confident of your german, try get a friend to ask the head through phone. THe head is busy and having a friend who can explain clearly to him will make lots of difference.

GOOD LUCK

JIM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/06 2:36 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
"They were for some time (about 5 months) jobless, but fortunately after obtaining their NEs they found new jobs."
"I just lost my job and the KVR knows about it. I applied for NE and the guy said there are no problems and I should have it at end of may (when my 5 years are up)."

lol what can i say? seems that you guys are lucky and such thing as foreigner-friendly immigration offices really exist in Germany

"I think most foreigners have some probability of getting some "shit" for no good reasons. Some of us just ignore or perhaps learn from it and go on to set up a life here while others became very bittle"

you can't ignore people that try to rob and kill you, now can you? i mean everything depends on which "shit" did happen ... if the damage from it can be avoided or is insignificant, you can ignore it, otherwise i guess you yourself will become "very brittle" and fight the guys that let that "shit" happen

"to add non-constructive remarks that confuse the reality."

well my remarks show just one REAL "shit" that can happen to any foreigner in Germany including you my dear emoticon

"I hope for many of us who are positive do continue to keep the discussion going with the intention to project the reality."

this sounds like an advice to make the forum censured in a way that only one point of view will be present here - namely, that "shit" can not happen in Germany - regardless of the fact that it doesn't project the truth and therefore, the reality

"I have not found a report stating how many people have received NE, but I believe this number is increasing steadily and it will get better."

lol i would guess that the number of people deported from Germany increases steadily and will get even bigger as well emoticon

"Try contacting the head to find out what is the prefered procedure ..."

that wouldn't help you much if "the head" made big mistakes as well and therefore is going to have lots of problems if he does agree that he was wrong ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/06 3:31 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Some of the "shit" you probably get is independent of if you are foreigner or not. I know many german get "shit" from Beamter too. They have interesting ways to cope with it when happens and I know some will try different ways until they do get what they want. It is important to contribute the "bad side of the story" as long as it is truely based on true facts and not imagination based on passimistic views. Many of us are here to get some moral support and advice in urgent situation when time is running short. Contribute your bad experience so that others can learn to avoid the unnecessary "shit" that can happen to anyone
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/06 4:00 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Hey -!
What's your story?
Come on and spill the beans!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/29/06 7:32 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
"They have interesting ways to cope with it when happens and I know some will try different ways until they do get what they want."

sure. they will fight and not ignore the "shit" like you proposed us to do

"Contribute your bad experience so that others can learn to avoid the unnecessary "shit" that can happen to anyone"

if you search the forum you will surely find contributions from one person with nick "max". read last ones and you will see that my point of view is right.

how to avoid that "shit"? i thought it is obvious:
- do not appear in immigration office personally before your current residence permit expires unless you work in a really big company (not a Dienstleister !!), have an unlimited work contract and are sure that your manager likes how you work. Fax them your application or send it as Einschreiben instead;
- if you must appear in immigration office before your application gets processed and you are informed about the results, don't bring your passport. they can see that you are who you claim you are from other documents as well (for example, your driving license).

"Hey -!
What's your story?
Come on and spill the beans!"

it's a long one and it will really take lot of time in order to describe it even shortly. although i will tell you that those events made me somewhat more cautious => therefore i do not trust anybody, try to analyse all possibilities before doing something (that means, take in consideration bad cases as well !) and do write about such "shitty" cases and possibilities in this forum, because people here tend to consider only good ones and therefore are going to be abused by german officials very easily, if those officials will need to make some "shit" in order to have their work done in an easy way
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/1/06 11:40 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Yes, I agree with "-", I hope there is better way to address you instaed of just "-".

Preparation before visiting the immigration office is the key. Unless you are prepared to get unnecessary "shit". Imagine if you are the local officer sitting there at the service counter, facing many people who just want to come and then learn what is the next step, and often come without proper background information "suggesting" you do know more , then it is a matter of the mood of the officer to decide if he or she feel like letting go steam or bad mood, which could be due to bad weather on you.

This shit thing happen in many countries in Europe, so it is not typically here. The French , the local ones, get it from thier Bearmter too. I am sure they pray before going they too.
(A joke).

The key is to AVOID unnecessary SHIT, AVOID through preparation. So no one gets really bad mood after that. This is difficult, I know, this is why this site can help.

THIS is the place to share to avoid this unnecessary shit. I learned a great deal form here. I hope people continue to reflect truth, good and bad, and if you need to move to another city in preparation for a better chance to get NE, perhaps you should. Some cities have systems, I think, that you can not get information easily from internet. Everything has to be done by asking. The process will be less straight forwards, and hence has more chance to make the officers there feel very important. It is as simple as this. Therefore, a survey from different cities or state will be helpful.

FOr new commers, if you can learn from this survey, then go to those cities. Hopefullly through this feedback, this will encourage cities, where there is still no clear instruction, to do something. Perhaps this will encourage more standardization within each state.

Decision needs to be case by case, but application process should be standardized, unless it is those cases regarding §19, until now, I still have not found enough evidence that many people do get it. I also see people here not giving advice on §19 based on first hand experience but rather based on what they understand from the law.

GOOD luck to those interested to come to Germany. If you learn how to avoid the common situation you may get "shit", on the street, in the street car, in the train, in public places, after a while, you will meet Germans who are truely friendly and who do like to know who you are.

It is a race between how much you can tolerate those SHIT before you decide to form a bad opinion of this place or even decide to leave this country.

Why should you expect to get "shit", this is another topic, too deep to discuss, so the key is to learn how to avoid SHIT and be happy.

JIM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/06 2:45 AM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
This shit thing happen in many countries in Europe, so it is not typically here. The French , the local ones, get it from thier Bearmter too.

true, i just have read one good example so i can share it with you.

one native worked 10 years as a lawyer, then he was an official "des höheren Dienstes in der Bundesverwaltung" during next three years, after that a high-paid employee for 2 years. all that time (till 01.04.1997) he was "privat krankenversichert".

When he lost his job in year 1997, he applied for an unemployement benefit and as a result was "zwangsweise gesetzlich versichert". after he has found a new job (Teilzeit: 18,5 hours in a week), he asked to free him from the obligation to be "gesetzlich versichert".

german court of law didn't find any reason to free him from that obligation. moreover, judges have in year 2003 (!) decided that both systems (d.h., "gesetzliche Krankenversicherung" and "private Krankenversicherung" ) are equalent and provide same benefits for the same price (!!! :o): "Der Senat habe sich auch nicht davon überzeugen können, dass die ausnahmslose Versicherungspflicht für bisher privat krankenversicherte Bezieher von Arbeitslosengeld gegen den allgemeinen Gleichheitssatz des Artikel 3 Abs. 1 GG verstoße und damit verfassungswidrig sei. Dass der Leistungsempfänger als Pflichtversicherter nicht mehr Privatpatient sei und nicht mehr die Leistungen der privaten Krankenversicherung in Anspruch nehmen könne, sei kein anzuerkennender Nachteil; denn beim Systemvergleich sei von der Gleichwertigkeit der privaten und der gesetzlichen Krankenversicherung auszugehen".

- Urteil des LSG für das Saarland v. 02.04.2003 - L 2 KR 5/02 -

lol it seems that i am going to be next who will try to prove that "die ausnahmslose Versicherungspflicht für bisher privat krankenversicherte Bezieher von Arbeitslosengeld ja verstoßt gegen den allgemeinen Gleichheitssatz des Artikel 3 Abs. 1 GG". It seems as well that because of some recent publications about "Zwei-Klassen-Medizin" it is going to be easier for me ;)

and if you need to move to another city in preparation for a better chance to get NE, perhaps you should.

i do not know about other people, but i myself am going to consider any invitation that i will get emoticon

If you learn how to avoid the common situation you may get "shit", on the street, in the street car, in the train, in public places, after a while, you will meet Germans who are truely friendly and who do like to know who you are.

True. If you know how to avoid "shit" and get exactly what you want despite of opposing officials you do cost something *lol*
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/3/06 8:16 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
@jammin

You wrote:

Two of our colleagues who had GCs were fired before receiving the NE. They were for some time (about 5 months) jobless, but fortunately after obtaining their NEs they found new jobs

In which town do they reside? Do you (or anybody else) can confirm the same for Munich as the things are a bit stricter there.

@xenon123
You said that happened to you in Munich. How does the time line looks like for you (application, date of loosing job, date of notifying ABH...)

cybigi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/4/06 12:51 AM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
@cybigi: I lost my job in the middle of March. I submitted my NE papaers in April and my company noticed the amt around a week after serving me the firing notice.

The beamter said that I can get my NE at end of May.

I have found a new job, by the way, but will not start until the 1st of June.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/4/06 12:39 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Dear Xenon,

Good luck to your new job and I hope many of us will have similar fortune of getting NE with good blessing

Let us hope more such stories turn up more often, so that others who are having perhaps initial "shit" may continue to try.

JIM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/06 8:38 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
thanks for the info xenon. I ask in case the worst case (loosing job) happens. They say hope for the best but expect the worst. Can I have your email or can you please drop me an email at:
cybigi@gmail.com

Have a good start with your new job!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/06 3:45 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Hi,

I got today my NE!! ;-)

It happened in München (KVR in Rupperstrasse).

It was painless, no problem even I'm in Prüfungzeit right now.

I asked about "Daueraufenthalt EG" but the beamterin was very confused about that. She had to call other people to ask. At the end she told me that that is still in undefined state in Bayern and finally she gave me her contact card to call her in a couple of months.

Schönes Wochenende ;-)

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/06 4:03 PM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
Welcome to the §9-Club Alex, good way to start the WE, isn't it?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/06 3:37 AM as a reply to Guneshwar Mayanglambam.
@cybigi: My email is deluded.soul@gmail.com
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18