Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

RE: Revisiting Einbürgerung

Answer
10/24/14 1:11 PM as a reply to Rudolph Patel.
rahul_modriwal:
Do you have an idea as to how much one would have to spend on a lawyer for such a case?

So You DIDNT hear anything from them? Absolutely nothing? That was also in my case for about 8 months from application date. Then i went to them and asked  them about the status. It is when the Pandoras box was really opened.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/14 1:13 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Nope. Just assurances like it might take another 4 to 6 weeks and then whatever is the status, I will get it in writing ( perhaps by post ).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/14 1:20 PM as a reply to Rudolph Patel.
Welcome to Bundesrepublik-Ausländernichtsogernewillkommen land
I am so sorry for you and many others who go through this.
You know i have been advised many many years ago, from "successful and clever" guys who followed
an alternate 3 year path to citizenship, to also follow the same path. Though i do not repent
having followed that path, I wonder how the people at the Einbürgerungsstelle live with that.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/14 1:33 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
On of my friends form India had a similar situation to yours. But in his case he didn't have a birth certificate.  He wrote a letter to the court requesting an exemption to provide a birth certificate and provide his 10th marks sheet instead that states his place and date of birth. He got the exemption and is now a proud owner of the german passport.  If you want I can get more info from him and tell you how exactly he got this exemption.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/14 1:39 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Hi again,

let us stick to English, that more of us can understand.

Regarding the lawyer... I think they react faster and better in case they see that a lwayer is involved. This is one point, the other point, would be very important for me, you do not have to deal with bureaucratic officers personally. Your lawyer will take this part!

Of course the lawyer will take some money, but you can ask before you book his service.

I can recommend VPMK lawyers Berlin, and here Katja Ponert. They are located in Berlin but take cases for whole Germany.

You can also try another lawyer, but he should be specialized in alien law. Maybe you can get a recommendation by a colleague.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/14 1:41 PM as a reply to Rudolph Patel.
Thanks for your offer. I have already submitted my birth certificate in my mother-tongue, a translation of it into german directly and now in the process of getting it translated into english. I will submit it and see what happens now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/29/14 2:04 AM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Any updates? I sent an email. My application seems to be still in 'bearbeitung'. I am supposed to wait for their mail.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/29/14 10:48 AM as a reply to Rudolph Patel.
Hi Rahul,

Sorry to hear about your status really...

Without intending to sound like Mr. Complainy pants, here is what happened on my side.
Ireally dont know if i should call it progress or not. But the whole absurd process has progressed a bit further. On 24/10 half an hour after my post, the person from the Einbürgerungsoffice called me and informed me that the whole translation thing into english and german was not needed and the verification of birth certificate is also not needed anymore in my case??? To put things in the right time-frame, the whole thing cost me about 6 months of time and now he said that they dont need to verify anymore documents... And that there is one last step where they need police verification and everything. And said it would take maximum a month. Anyways, I didnt know if i should be happy that the verification is not needed or be extremely angry about the time and energy lost for nothing?
In the interest of optimism, I decided to just live through the moment and hope that the whole ordeal will be over soon. Its been a month though now and nothing. Apparently, the police and one other verifications has already been done but one verification from the  Bundesverfassungs somethingsomething is what is taking time. I have been visiting the Einbürgerungsofficer personally for the past two weeks. The last time he promised me that he had called up the place where the delay is occurring and he himself cannot explain the delay. I am just waiting and waiting and waiting...
But I guess your situation is more frustrating. I am truly sorry and I am at complete loss to explain why and what have we done to undergo such an ordeal. Moreso, I am sure that there are people in the system who deliberately delay the whole process and I wonder how are they able to go home and see themselves in the mirror or get a goodnights sleep? Having a good conscience is not a prerequisite to happy life maybe?

Wish you the best too and i guess either you can go to a lawyer as detlef had indicated, since on your side nothing seems to be moving ahead? How long has it been in your case? two years?

Best of luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/30/14 12:57 AM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
I am glad that there is some progress with your application. I had a similar situation to yours. They wanted me to submit german translated indian school and bachelors certificates. They said that it's not required anymore when I went there to submit them and that her collegue had made a mistake. At the same time, I had forgotton to make a copy of one of the othe documents. Instead of apologizing for their mistake, she has the audacity to say that I am sparfreundlich. Btw, it's been 1 year and 7 months for the so called 'bearbeitung'. I won't be going to a lawyer and will just wait it out as I don't find it very important at this point in time. The delay is just making me anxious and I don't feel welcome here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/30/14 1:49 PM as a reply to Rudolph Patel.
Thats a long time for sure. Then i hope that they reply to you soon.

About being welcome, atleast the people in the Einbügergungsbüro dont want us here. I know there are many many good people around but its hard to live with this kind of unwelcoming feeling. I only wonder if such behavior has reached the attention of the political circles who every now and then praise their own people for being so open and welcoming and that highly-qualified people welcome in this country?

Waiting it out is another option. They clearly cannot keep on postponing it till infinity emoticon.

Best of luck and let me know if something changes...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/30/14 8:11 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
All the best to you too dude. Rahul isn't my name. My ident just was just a parody of the Indian political scenario ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/14 9:21 AM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Count me on the board ! Same scenario in my case. Still waiting and I guess all in good time. Wishing you guys all the best !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/14 10:03 AM as a reply to Sweety S S.
sweetpuppy:
Count me on the board ! Same scenario in my case. Still waiting and I guess all in good time. Wishing you guys all the best !

What is your story then? Am curious as to how many of us are being made to play the time-game?
Sorry just realized that you had already written earlier
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/14 1:19 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
My story, briefly applied for Citizenship based on German spouse and at the same time I finish up 7 years requirement. I am told that they are waiting for a confirmation from another office to finish up my case. They have not heard back since a month at least and gave two reminders.

So yeah as you said it appears to have different stories for all with a commonness of waiting... Sure with time all be fine..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/14 2:10 PM as a reply to Sweety S S.
@Rahul Modriwal : Yes i thought so, that your name is a combination of Rahul Gandhi, Modi and Kejriwal...

@Sweetpuppy, so it seems its the same excuse that i keep getting I wonder if they have a standard database of excuses and keep cycling them to the applicants time and again. Which state did you apply bzw which city?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/14 2:55 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.

@Sweetpuppy, so it seems its the same excuse that i keep getting I wonder if they have a standard database of excuses and keep cycling them to the applicants time and again. Which state did you apply bzw which city?

What is the use of excuses. At one point they have to decide right? I applied from Niedersachsen and its capital.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/14 1:08 PM as a reply to Sweety S S.
Perhaps they are waiting for one to be a ALG seeker so that they no longer need to find an excuse to make excuses.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/14 4:11 PM as a reply to Rudolph Patel.
katzenminze:
Perhaps they are waiting for one to be a ALG seeker so that they no longer need to find an excuse to make excuses.
May be this is true, not the prettiest thing I want to hear... Oh well life it is !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/14 4:20 PM as a reply to Sweety S S.
My application only took 3 months and they gave me Zusicherung. I think it depends on luck that which type of Beamter is handling your case.
I have one related question:
Does ALG1 effect your application status. e.g, you have already received the Zusicherung for Einbürgerung and processing the Renounciation of your current nationality (not Indian, as in case of India you dont have to do it). If you loose job or your job contzract ends during this time then what will happen???? Can Applicant receive ALG1????
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/14 4:28 PM as a reply to Tauseef.
Thats a miracle tauseef. Would love to know the history of your application. ie. where you applied
and on what basis were you granted the citizenship.  Which state/city did you apply and when did you apply? I know of others who were also granted the citizenship within three months.

I think coming to your question, i think it may not matter that after you are given the zusicherung you become Arbeitslos. But I am not too sure. I would try to avoid such a situation if possible.
In my case, the Einbürgerungsamt made it a point to ask for the most recent work contract.

Best
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18