Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Job Change in Germany

Toggle
Job Change in Germany
Answer
9/17/09 12:26 PM
Hi Guys,

I presume you know about my stand thru my earlier post. http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/jurisdiction_-_work_permit_application . I would appreciate your suggestions on going about the following:

History of my current job.
I was deputed to the German branch of my company in the home country for a period of two years. I applied for and bagged a job offer while in Germany. I have the job contract from the new company and the required work permit approval. I will begin on the new job in November this year. I have permanent job at my company in my home country which i will resign from(one months notice) and a service contract for this deputation with which I will terminate. My new firm have offered to pay for the termination of the service contract(unbelievable but true!....also i'm not any rocket scientist..). Thats the nice part of the story.

The part that I'm a lil worried about!
When I joined the German branch here i signed a work contract with them. It basically outlined stuff like salary, holidays and contract termination. Maybe because I came from their overseas branch and they never expected me to move while in Germany the terms of the contract run like this.

Duration of contract 15.3.2008 to 14.3.2010.
The work contract is deemed invalid when my workpermit is invalid.
There is no fixed notice period clause specified in the contract.
Just says that both sides can terminate this contract with mutual consent.

Well, considering the above, I presume I'm pretty much on the safe side other than the '' I'm sorry to be leaving you guys feeling(super boss, super duper colleagues - honestly)''

Also what would be the mandatory papers that i would need from my current employer going to the new one?

I'm sure many have often tread this path and have had their questions posted here.....but I need to hear from the experts on my case.

Thanx in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Job Change in Germany
Answer
9/17/09 12:46 PM as a reply to Jans Hans.
That is not a good sign,there should be a clause with the termination period and i would say normally it is 6 months here but if its 3 month that is fine but mutual consent is something no Germans will accept.Let me warn you these guys are very professional and clever,in your situation they can fire you any day for any small reason and they won't ask for your mutual consent during this time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 5:41 PM as a reply to Jans Hans.
@ raj

I actually was talking about the contract with the firm i'm going to leave........or rather perhaps stick on :-(

@all

I thot i had it all planned out until this bolt out of the blue..The new company came back with an an offer which was so f******* full of sh** that I've given up on them. I'd be happy to stay on at my current company.

i had been warned by u guys about not getting a contract beforehand....but went ahead with the work permit process and when I got the actual contract...it wasn't wat i'd bargained for. Gonna say f..off. Well back to square one now uh...specially disappointed coz the work permit has been approved....well WTH...i'll get another one ;)

Cheers..hope u guys r havin a better day.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 5:54 PM as a reply to Jans Hans.
@JH

So what did they actuall change in your contract? I assume it has to be the salary or? No worries, you still have a job. So continue in it till the next offer comes along
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 6:32 PM as a reply to Jans Hans.
@raj

yup...earlier offer was X *13 months.....now they offer X-y *12....

yeah...must follow up on the other jobs around!...
and to think I had my resignation all typed out...poor me ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 6:39 PM as a reply to Jans Hans.
>>yeah...must follow up on the other jobs around!...
and to think I had my resignation all typed out...poor me

Will come in hand for the next time init :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 6:59 PM as a reply to Jans Hans.
As a matter of prudence, think very carefully whether it is a good move to quit your current job.

Experience shows that, German employers are capricious at best. And as someone has already said, they can and will terminate a work contract for any or no reason. They will not take into consideration how well or hard you have been working. It is not unusual to find that intrigue, envy, natural dislike, or outright hatred by colleagues often come into play.

Do you really wanna turn your back on a good boss and "super duper" colleagues and step into the unknown?

Remember what happened to that proverbial dog which, while crossing a stream with a juicy bone in its mouth, beheld the reflection of the same bone in the water. In order to grab the reflection, the poor dog dropped the REAL bone.

Hope you get the moral of the story.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/18/09 10:54 AM as a reply to Jans Hans.
@caligula

thanx mate...point noted

The deciding factor on this was that the new company offered to pay a whopping sum for a service contract that I held with my present company.And me was under the thought that when a company made such an offer they would think twice before even thinking of sacking me....seemed like a perfect situation....but thats history now...i'm busy scouting the job portals now..he he
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott