Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Tax Class not updated at Employer

Toggle
Tax Class not updated at Employer
tax steur_klass tax class steur steur klasse
Answer
11/27/14 2:38 PM
Hello Friends,

I was having Tax Class 1 initally and I got married in 2012. Now, I have returned back to Germany in 2014 and I have updated my Tax class 3. However, my payslips still shows the tax class 1 and it has not been updated yet. I have asked Finanzamt and they mentioned that it has been correctly updated at their end.  But, employer says they didnt see the update from Finanzamt yet.

May I know if someone faced similar problem ? How to handle this.

Appreciate your help.

Babu Kilari
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Tax Class not updated at Employer
Answer
11/27/14 3:03 PM as a reply to Babu Kilari.
Hi,

if you have the statement from your tax office (Finanzamt), your employer, or better the salary accountant (Lohnbüro) of your employer can easiliy change the tax class in their system.

This works backwards too! Push them to do it, it is big difference of salary tax from class 1 to 3.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/15 7:48 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thank you Detlef. I have discussed this with our Salary accountant and she said she will try to do it. But, these many days she was expecting the tax class to get updated automatically by the Finanzamt. I think there is a communication channel between Finanzamt and Employer. But, I could not understand why it was not updated automatically ? I talked to Finanzamt and they mentioned that employer should register the details somewhere in ELStAM. Is it true ? What is this ? I do not quite understand this.

Cheers,
Have a very happy new year. New beginning !!

Babu Kilari
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/15 7:35 PM as a reply to Babu Kilari.
Hi Babu,

thanks for your good wishes, I wish you the same :-)

ELStAM means 'electronical tax details' which the Finanzamt holds for/of you. The employer can get all the registered data like tax class easily from the Finanzamt. 

If you understand German, here is the link for you...

https://www.elster.de/arbeitg_elstam.php#ellstk

You should pass this to your employer, but they should know.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3