Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbuergerung for part of family

Toggle
Einbuergerung for part of family
Answer
1/29/10 3:46 PM
Does anyone have experience with the Einbürgerung process for part of a family e.g., Father and Second kid applying for Einbuergerung. Mother and 1st kid planning to stay with the old citizenship.
In my case I have submitted the Einbuergerung for me and my second kid(done in Bayern).
My wife does not want to renounce her present citizenship. The first kid is going to kindergarten. As she is going to join a Logopaedie for improving her grammar, I wanted to wait a bit until the second kid joins school (in 2011) and by then my wife will have the right to naturalise as per para §10. But this is all subjected to my wife making a final decision on changing her citizenship.

My questions
1. how are the chances of getting a citizenship for me and my second kid.
2. Will the present application be denied in case of not applying as a whole family .
(Application done as per para §8)
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbuergerung for part of family
Answer
1/29/10 5:17 PM as a reply to Manmohan Singh.
hi Rama,

I guess this is possible ..I hold DE Citizenship and so does my kid but my wife has taken the similar decision as your wife .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/10 7:46 PM as a reply to Manmohan Singh.
Hello Krishna,

first, if you are getting citizenship via Ermessen, what justification will you give and, in particular, how many years have you been in Germany? as this is probably the best indicator of success.

If your family is getting the EB via Ermessen they will probably apply §10 (2) as well.

"Der Ehegatte und die minderjährigen Kinder des Ausländers **können** nach Maßgabe des Absatzes 1 mit eingebürgert werden, auch wenn sie sich noch nicht seit acht Jahren rechtmäßig im Inland aufhalten."

They are not obliged to take the German citizenship as its an individual decision, but for your second son your wife will most definitively have to give consent.

Btw, this is not legal advice.

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/10 8:40 PM as a reply to Manmohan Singh.
@Stier,
Thanks for the reply.

@Aalvarez,

I am staying in Germany since 10 years now. The first two years as a student. So in Bayern they do not include student time. I will be qualifying per "para 10" in July-August this year.

We got the Einbuergerung documents last year and after a very long thought process we came to decision of applying for me and my second son(born in germany)alone. The first kid was born in India.

They have asked my wife to come to the Einbuergerungs amt to give her consent and sign the documents for my son which she will be doing shortly.

The reason I gave for my wife and daughter was that due to personal reasons my wife is not willing "now" to leave her current citizenship. The same holds good for my daughter. They have written additionally that the daughter will be visiting a Logopaedin to improve her German grammar.

Krishna
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18