Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Freelance Question

Toggle
Freelance Question
Answer
8/28/08 12:28 PM
Hi,

I know this has been covered a bit on here, but im still a little unclear on what the process is exactly to register as a Freelancer. So Im hoping somoene can set me straight.

Im non EU, and my visa states Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet. Ive recently been offered temporary employment for 4-6 months, and have been asked to register as freelance.

To register and get a tax file number for my invooices etc, Is it as simple as just filling out the 'gewanmeldung' form and lodging it with the finanzamt, or are there other hurdles i need to go through first.

Any help would be much appreciated!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Freelance Question
Answer
8/28/08 4:33 PM as a reply to david q.
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/help_needed/steps_to_be_a_freelancer

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 1:10 PM as a reply to david q.
thanks for the link....so judging from the second post all i have to do with an EG visa is

go the finanzamt, register
start working
wait for your Ust-Id from Finanzamt

i have the gewerbe anmeldung form, is that all i have to fill out and lodge with them?

im not quite sure if i need to go to somewhere else first other than the finanzamt, or thats it?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 5:02 PM as a reply to david q.
A Gewerbeanmeldung is needed in case you would like to open a company, not to register as Freelancer because with a Gewerbe, you have to pay subsequent taxes.

But one thing I remember, you will have to let the people from Finanzamt exactly what you would like to offer as services, because they will then judge if your services can go to the Freiberufler category, if not then you will have to register yourself as Gewerbe and as said, pay the subsequent taxes.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 5:18 PM as a reply to david q.
if you have a high qualification like Diplom in the area of your work then you need not do gewerbe anmeldung.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/7/08 4:56 PM as a reply to david q.
Hello,

needs an IT Project Manager to register a company in order to work independently? Is it enough a registration as a freelancer?

Can someone share his experiences in this case?

Regards,
M
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/08 2:48 PM as a reply to david q.
@marox9

He needs only to register himself as a freelancer but when asked about his services after his first tax reclamation, he has to be careful because if not clearly stated that he supervises delivery of software components, he run the risks of falling out of the freelancer category and will then be entitled as company and will have to change his registration.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/08 3:39 PM as a reply to david q.
Thank you Daniel.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK