Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Workpermit Sponsorship by a UK company

Toggle
Workpermit Sponsorship by a UK company
Answer
10/15/07 1:51 PM
Hi Experts,

Is it possible for a UK company to sponsor workpermit for an employee in Germany ?

I like to register a UK ltd company, but I can not register a German company. And, I am not sure if I can register a branch of the UK company in Germany. I am getting a contract from a client for this employee to work in Germany, but he needs workpermit.

Expert opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gouri
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Workpermit Sponsorship by a UK company
Answer
10/15/07 2:08 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
@mayagouri

Yes it is possible to sponsor workpermit for an employee in Germany, provided the company registers a branch in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/07 2:32 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
What is needed to register a branch in Germany? I have BE but no NE. My spouse doesn't have either.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/07 5:28 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
@mayagouri

in my opinion,
1) You have to register a German GmbH by following all the beurocratic stuff. Here you need to contact a Notar. May be Detlef from Trust7 can help you to do this. During the registration you can start to transact the business from day one as you have alread a registered company within the EU. Better check this with notar too as i am not legal advisor.
2) To start a company you need not have a NE. You can also start a IT Company with BE(Assuming your BE is in IT), but the BE expiry date could be a problem for you to start a company. thats where the NE comes handy. but if you employ 10 Germans and can get 1 million Euro revenues, you can get NE immediately.

Thats it. Pls read the Freelancer Tab from this site. It gives you some options to consider. Rest is up to you.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/07 3:32 AM as a reply to gouri maya.
There is a good explanation on this link (in German)
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeitserlaubnis

That said, these sort of procedures are easier for a GmbH than for a Ltd.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18