Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

receipts from driving lessons for tax return

Toggle
Hi,

subject explains.. I have some receipts from my driving lessons (Quittung von Fahrstunden). My question is whether I can consider them for tax return (Steuererklärung)?

Any help appreciated...

Regards,
Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Receipts from driving lessons for tax return
Answer
3/6/10 10:46 AM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
Hi,
Yes, they reimburse completely.They also reimburse for extended family members.I also read that from this year u can claim for monthly groceries, rent, laundry etc.

Let us know what all you could claim back so that it will be helpful for others ;).

Cheers
D
0 (0 Votes)

Re: receipts from driving lessons for tax return
Answer
3/6/10 12:11 PM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
Thanks for your funny answer. After a short search on web I also have found that expense to get driving license cannot be claimed for tax return, as long as the license is used for private reasons:
http://www.konsumo.de/news/1810-F%C3%BChrerschein-Kosten-nicht-von-der-Steuer-absetzbar
http://de.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071214051947AAc1cH3
http://de.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071214051947AAc1cH3

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/10 12:23 AM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
Hi Klenze17,

long time no posts from you!

Well, I support your last message. In my personal case, I couldn´t use ANY cent of the driving lessons for tax returns.

Anyway, maybe you can try, who knows...

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/10 12:30 PM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
I talked about it to a Steurberater recently and she said, that One can only claim the tax return for DL if it was required by the company. If you can get this in written from the company that it was a company requirement to have the DL, then you can try for it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/10 10:55 PM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
Hi YO1,

yes I wasn't here for a long time, but following the posts now and then.

As you guys also mentioned, receipts from driving license school cannot be claimed for tax, as long as it is not used for company purposes (your employer or your own company).

Regards,
Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3