Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Urgent need help for Family Reunion Visa frm bangalore german consulate

Toggle
Hi All,

I have applied for Family Reunion Visa , 20 days ago- 29th October at Bangalore German consulate .  My spouse is a DAAD scholar and so the verification officer just kept our marriage certificate with her for verification.

The verification officer in the German Consulate, Bangalore had said it would take 3 weeks. I am at the end of my tether. On calling the Consulate 3 days back, they said that my documents are in Germany and asked me to call again next week. 

Members, any clue on how long will it take from hereon? I really wish that I am there before christmas but I'll need to resign and serve notice of a month. 

Also, the German Consulate had got my husband's email id wrong, so he had not received his email of Visa approval ! I hope the same mistake is not repeated in mine. They have not asked me for any other document yet.

Please  guide me on this. How long will the rest of the process take? 
Is there anything I can do/ my spouse can do to speed up the process?
Can I resign now?

Thanks for you time and help!!
Really worried.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Urgent need help for Family Reunion Visa frm bangalore german consulate
Answer
11/14/14 6:52 AM as a reply to Sarbani Ch.
Please do no spawn more forum threads with the same questions.

3 months is the time limit for the decision.

u can resign now, if it does not affect your financial situation,.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/14/14 8:30 AM as a reply to Sarbani Ch.
Hallo Sarb,

It will take around 2-3 months. After getting the marriage verification report to ABH from bangalore consulate, they will call your spouse for to submit further documents. ABH need around 9-12 days to make decision/opinion on your case. Onece get the opinion/approval from ABH, consulate will contatct you through email. So be relax and act upon on your thoughts.

Thanks
friend
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/14/14 10:13 AM as a reply to arjun menon.
Thanks ! emoticon

I know they say 2-3 months in the visa application document, but on the counter the person had said 3 weeks and so I'm holding onto that. Plus there are so many others (as I've read in various threads here) who have received their family reunion visas in 2-3  weeks....

You've mentioned that my spouse will be called upon for documents and I had asked the consulate about this.  They replied that nothing will be required from my spouse's side. 

I really hope I receive some intimation soon emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/15/14 10:30 AM as a reply to Sarbani Ch.
Hallo Sarb,

first of all do not compare your visa case with another. FYI, every case is diiferent and it may change depends on the individual applicantemoticon. The consulate (where you applied) does not require anymore documents what more than you have been forwarded before, i didn't mean thatemoticon. The ABH/local alien office/foreign office in Germany (where your spouse living city) will surely contact your spouse for further documents (house contract, work proof, finance and bla bla bla..), once your report is to be received form the consulate. 

To be more specifically, you were submitted 2 sets of application and one has been forwarded to ABH for their opinon/approval about your case (ABH will start the processing once they receive marriage verification report from consulate and ABH need around 9-12 days for to confirm their opinion based on the documents submitted from your spouse (I hope your spouse currently in Germany).emoticon

Note: Do not worry. You will get it soonemoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/14 10:25 AM as a reply to arjun menon.
Thanks for the encouraging words.

I got my visa - in exact 3 weeks !! emoticon  

I just learned one thing from the entire experience, always always believe the person on the counter where you submit the Visa application form. The lady on my counter had said 3 weeks and excat 21 days later the email came !!! emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott