Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Tax class

Toggle
Tax class
Answer
2/17/09 2:16 PM
Pals,

I got married last year but havent changed my tax class yet. My wife is in India. is it possible to change my tax class? if yes, how do i do it? When i went to Stadtverwaltung, they said that i need to get my Marriage certificate translated and attested by Indian authorities in Germany. is that correct?

Thanks for your time.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax class
Answer
2/17/09 2:44 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
To change the tax class, your wife should be in registered in germany. You can show them your marriage certificate submitted to the german embassy which i guess was translated into german and attested by some authority.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/09 3:19 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
My understanding is following.
Even if you do not change the tax class, you should be able to claim the difference of amount (between class 1 and 3) while you file the tax returns during the end of the year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/09 3:53 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
yes it is true. But you cannot do it for the year 2008. But if your wife gets registered in germany before Dec 31 2009, you can do that for Tax returns for the year 2009.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/09 11:40 PM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
1) Your marriage certificate should be translated by the translators who are registered with court. They are called as
"anerkannter Übersetzer des Oberlandesgerichtes"

For a list of such translators in NRW you can follow the link
http://www.dolmetscher-uebersetzer.nrw.de/

2) With this translated certificate you can change your marital status to married(even before your wife arrives in germany).

But to change the Tax class to III your wife should arrive and get registered here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/09 1:21 AM as a reply to Raja Rajan.
Thanks a lot friends. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18