Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Public Health Insurance for working couple

Toggle
Hello,

The good news:
My wife has presently started working part-time for the 1st time in Germany :-)

The bad news:
She was told by her employer that she needs to have a separate Health Insurance of her own.

Although she is well covered by my existing Family Health Insurance by TKK, but they told her that she can no longer stay under that coverage, since her gross monthly earning is beyond 400 euros.

In simple words, what I understand is that for a working couple, one has to have separate Health Insurance coverage, just the way it is for Private. The only difference being children - who are automatically covered in Public, but not in Private.

Is my interpretation of Public Health Insurance guideline correct? Could you kindly share your ideas and experiences please?

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Public Health Insurance for working couple
Answer
11/1/08 5:15 PM as a reply to Aladdin.
Yes.. she needs a health insurance too.. what do you expect.. paying 300 Euros a month at TKK and letting the generous German Welfare system cover all your and your family's health expenses even though they start to work ? It doesnt work that way..
Your wife was getting a subsidy because of the humanitarian German welfare System when she was not working.. with other words she was insured at the expenses of the others in the insurance system.. now she is working and earning enough.. she shouldnt be insured at the expenses of others.. and should pay the fee of her own insurance by herself.. as simple as that..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/08 5:46 PM as a reply to Aladdin.
Sure, if she is making over 400 Euro a month she needs to have separate insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/08 11:29 AM as a reply to Aladdin.
@Everybody

Thanks a lot for your kind responses. It now becomes a bit clearer to me.

@Lacrima

With due respect, I never have mentioned anywhere that I expect the German govt to be generous to me.

The only reason to put this forward is to confirm my understanding of the process and to have valuable inputs from this wonderful family of experts.

Thank you again for helping me.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3