Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Need serious advice about moving to Germany (residence / work permit)

Toggle
My name is Wenera and I currently live in the US. A long time ago we lived in Germany as refugees in a town called Worms, and we are thinking of returning. Originally my family is from Albania and we lived there because of the war. My husband's brother who lives in Germany wants us to move to Germany for good, but we don't know what our chances are for getting a residence permit. He is VERY optimistic, while I am very pessimistic, seeing as I don't have a college degree.

I work as a dental technician here and although I do have certification along with 9+ years of work experience, I doubt this will help me much in Germany as far as getting a job is concerned. I need help and advice as to what we can do in order to get the Aufenthaltserlaubnis to stay in Germany. We are US citizens and hold US passports. It would be me, my husband, and our 22 year old daughter.

What are our options? I keep hearing how it is very difficult to get a work permit, etc. Since this relative of ours has alot of money, is there any way he could help us by forming a company or something, and then requesting a work permit? Also, if I got a work permit and Aufenthaltserlaubnis, would my husband and daughter get to stay as well? Daughter is 22 years old.

Please help us! We lived in Germany as refugees and had a much better life there. What options do we have? I believe it's work for me and my husband, and school for my daughter (student visa)? Any other options? My father was a victim during Nazi Germany and was unjustly imprisoned and mistreated. Is there any way for my family to get residence permit based on that?

He just keeps telling us to move, and keeps telling us that residence permit won't be a problem to get, but what we read on the internet really says the opposite. I want to ask the experts.

MUCH THANKS! WENERA
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Need serious advice about moving to Germany (residence / work permit)
Answer
1/31/08 11:39 AM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
@Wenera

...is there any way he could help us by forming a company or something, and then requesting a work permit?

Yes, it is possible to form a company and acquire a work/residence permit based on that. Please contact Trust7 lawyers.

...Also, if I got a work permit and Aufenthaltserlaubnis, would my husband and daughter get to stay as well?

Only your husband can accompany you based on your Aufenthaltserlaubnis but not your daughter. She has to be younger than 16 to accompany parents in Germany.

....My father was a victim during Nazi Germany and was unjustly imprisoned and mistreated. Is there any way for my family to get residence permit based on that?

With all due respect to your father, we don't live under Nazi regime anymore. Why should germans today pay for the atrocity commited by Nazis?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/08 2:12 PM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
Yes, it is possible to form a company and acquire a work/residence permit based on that. Please contact Trust7 lawyers.

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please elaborate a bit further how this would work? I am not talking about if I formed a company and aquired a permit, but if my husband's brother who lives over there did so. Could he help us get work permits in that situation?

Only your husband can accompany you based on your Aufenthaltserlaubnis but not your daughter. She has to be younger than 16 to accompany parents in Germany.

So in order for my daughter to stay with me what are her options? I am guessing getting a separate residence/work permit, or marriage, or school. Is this correct?

There is one thing I am confused about, and that is the language course visa/student visa. For example, if she wanted to come with me and my husband to Germany to learn the language and then later on go to school, how can she accomplish this?

I hear if you get a language course visa, you have to leave the country after the course is over, because you can't convert this visa to another type of residence permit??? Is there any way for her to come with us, get her stay extended because of a language course, and then finally after the course is over go to a University, etc.? Is this possible?

With all due respect to your father, we don't live under Nazi regime anymore. Why should germans today pay for the atrocity commited by Nazis?

Thanks for clearing that part up. You should understand that when you're in a situation like me you think of every possible thing that might benefit you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/08 4:57 PM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
@Wenera

.....if my husband's brother who lives over there did so. Could he help us get work permits in that situation?

You get work-permit only for jobs for which there is shortage of labour in Germany/EU.

Again, contact Trust7 lawyers since they are the expert in this matter. You have to pay only if they take your case.

.....So in order for my daughter to stay with me what are her options? I am guessing getting a separate residence/work permit, or marriage, or school.

Getting her admission in a german university would be good idea, as far as I know you can stay in Germany all your life as a student, as long as you can financially afford it.

....You should understand that when you're in a situation like me you think of every possible thing that might benefit you.

With all due respect, I don't see any plausible reason as to why an american citizen would resort to a refugee status in Germany. This time you are not coming from Albania to avoid bloodshed or starvation.

You just want to change location for a better standard of living :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/08 4:00 AM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
You get work-permit only for jobs for which there is shortage of labour in Germany/EU.

I am aware of that, but your answer is irrelevant to what I am asking. There is not a problem as far as my job goes, because I am very close to getting a work contract and a permit through the company, but the question was about my child because she is over 22. Our relative has alot of money, and I mean a huge amount. I asked: Could he form a company and hire her, and request a work permit for her? I just needed that question answered, meaning a simple yes or no.

I take it you're an American. Right? With all due respect, you guys have this habit of only reading the beginning of a phrase and then forming your opinion on what the question is, therefore giving a "special" answer that has little to do with what was originally asked.

I bet I confused you now... right? Lol.

Getting her admission in a german university would be good idea, as far as I know you can stay in Germany all your life as a student, as long as you can financially afford it.

Lol, that's hilarious. How can someone go to university in Germany if they don't speak the language? They would obviously fail every class.

With all due respect, I don't see any plausible reason as to why an american citizen would resort to a refugee status in Germany. This time you are not coming from Albania to avoid bloodshed or starvation.

You just want to change location for a better standard of living.

Lol, who said anything about going back to refugee status? "With all due respect," it looks like someone's hooked on phonics tape got lost in the mail.

Europe is the best. Was born there, lived there for a long time, and will return. Yes you're right, changing location for a better standard of living. emoticon Living in this country (US) is for idiots Lol. Made a mistake of coming here in the first place, but at least I got a US passport out of it Lol.

My daughter looks good, so she can always marry a dumb German for a visa. That's how I did it to come to the USA.

Anywho, thanks for your help! No need to reply, as this will be my last post.

Regards,
Wenera B.
0 (0 Votes)

for Akshay
Answer
2/1/08 12:17 PM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
@Akshay

Nothing new here,You wrote off another post with your arrogant cocky insensitive attitude(towards life?people?)

Though the lady got it straight,you deserved it.

I wonder how tough it could be for you to understand anybody -emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/08 3:46 PM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
@ Wenera

whatever u do its up(some people use education some people use some other means for the same goal) but u should hav some selfrespect not write like this for ur daughter:-)

btw here r also english unis to study.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/08 11:46 AM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
Apart from comparing countries (lived for long in USA and in Germany) I believe your daughter will have no problem with entering Germany holding the US passport and staying there for some time, 6 month if I remember right. A lot of problems can be solved faster on the spot, especially if your husband's brother is influential here in Germany. Regarding studies - she can enroll in language courses that are aimed to prepare a person to university studies - DSH Vorbereitung classes, I believe. If she passes the test DSH, in a way equivalent to TOEFL in USA, she can enroll at Uni, provided she has enough means to support her. Don't think they will send her away after completing courses if she passes the exam, I think two attempts to pass the test are available. Also, be careful with requirements for universities - if your daughter has only high school diploma ftom the states it may not be enough since high school in Germany covers pretty much up to sophmore year in the US colleges. In Russia, where I am from, people have to complete at least 3 years of college to be egligible to enter university or college here. So if university does not work in your case try job visa in your husband brother's company. Marrige agencies are also available here since you brought this part before.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/08 2:04 PM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
@Wenera

In furtherance to reply from mkorobeinik, below are some helpful links for you.

1. Basic information for students.

http://www.study-in-germany.de/english/1.html

2. List of Universities offering courses in english.

http://www.feast.org/?organisations&country=DE

As far as marrige agencies are concerned, this particular one is specialized in US-German alliances.

http://www.erika-frank.com/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/08 4:18 PM as a reply to Wenera Bikuna.
i giv u free technique.
put ur daughtrer sexy fotos in a profile in friendscout24.de and im sure lot of german will respond:-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott