Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Need your help: Regarding German family reunion visa

Toggle
Dear All, 

Greetings!

I am compelled to post here because I have no clue from where I should seek help.

My wife applied for Family Reunion Visa on 11th September; 2014. On the website, the pdf of document check list on German consulate website says it takes 6-8 weeks. 

She went to Mumbai consulate with all required documents, the lady there asked her where is her German level A1 certificate? and she can not accept the documents. My wife explained her that I am masters and she is masters also,then she went inside and discussed with her senior and took the visa fees and finger prints.and mentioned that she would ask for A1 again during visa stamping (but did not give any document in written nor I have recieved any communication regarding this) My wife also took our marriage album along with marriage certificate, and her passport also has my name as husband. We are married since last four years. 

Lady at consulate said that if they want any verification, they will send us an email. I informed my wife to learn some German, and she is trying but still not good enough to pass A1 as there are no classes in my local town in India. 

so on 10th October, I recieved a letter from ABH Germany about the documents which needed to submit, I submitted them all on 14th October (They didn't ask A1 certificate in this letter, also I didn't recieve any written notification from consulate regarding it). After my submission, I recieved a letter from ABH that we have recieved your documents. 

I waited for exactly 8 weeks before calling German consulate in  Mumbai, and they said its 3 months normal (Then why did they menion 8 weeks on their website). And since I did not recieve any communication for either verification or German language certificate, what should I expect now?

So timeline in brief:

11th September: Applied
10th October: Recieved notification from ABH
14th October: Submitted all documents in ABH by post
18th October: Recieved confirmation from ABH that they recieved everything
6th November: Called Mumbai consulate and they said they can not see any update.

Because of my studies and other plans, I could not apply for her visa earlier. I have done my master from German university and now working here. I am eligible to apply for blue card also. My wife is also masters and she visited me on a tourist visa and left in August end. 

What is causing this delay? and what should I do next? It would be our forth anniversary at November end (we were not together during our last 3 anniversaries emoticon) , and I planned everything so that we could be together in time, but everything seems getting delayed despite I have all papers. 

This lack of communication from Mumbai consulate is painful and there is no way one can check their visa status in this case. I understand these people get lot of queries (when people just call them even within 4 weeks of applying), but there is no way one could do anything. 

The letter I recieved from ABH also mentioned specifically that please do not mail or call and have patience. 

We have had a lot of patience in past but now I am too tired waiting. emoticon

Any help, suggestions would be real help in this situation. 

My wife and me check her email 20 times a day, and everyday we have absolutely nothing (I feel like crying now emoticon)

Thank you people for reading this long post! God bless you!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Need your help: Regarding German family reunion visa
Answer
11/7/14 1:46 PM as a reply to Raghav Abhi.
get hold of a good immigration lawyer.  A cover letter from them will bring the consulate and ABH to their knees.. They will immediately come back to you on whatsapp, twitter, facebook, linkedin, email, snail mail.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Need your help: Regarding German family reunion visa
Answer
11/13/14 8:12 PM as a reply to Raghav Abhi.
Dear Friends,

i am new to this forum emoticon. I would like to share my visa (family reunion) experince to you all emoticon. This may be a pain killeremoticon for those who are still trouble in their own visa cases, i guess emoticon

Family reunion spouse visa (Indian Man Vs German Woman): You need more patience !!!!emoticon

# I have been applied through German consulate, chennai on 23.06.2014emoticon
# Visa head advised me to do A1 German Language Course and told me to send the certificate through email (scanned copy).emoticon emoticonemoticon
# Visa officer was called me on 23.07.2014 and confirmed my course end dateemoticon
# I have got the certificate on 25.09.2014 (lanaguage course duration : 04.08.2014 to 12.09.2014)
# Forwarded the language certificate (scanned copy) on 25.09.2014emoticon
# An email from visa head on 25.09.2014 : Your langauge certificate was sent to the local Aliens Authority in Germanyemoticon
# I wrote an email to visa head on 29.09.2014: to asked about the current status of my applicationemoticon
# An email from visa head on 02.10.2014 : The Aliens Authority in Germany is in contact with your wife regarding further documents. Their approval is to be awaited. emoticon
# My wife got a letter on 06.10.2014  from ABH (local alien  office) : Asked her to submit further documents emoticon
# She have been submitted everything on 03.11.2014emoticon
# She was called to ABH on 11.11.2014 : They were informed; Approval letter has been forwarded to chennai consulateemoticon
# I wrote an email to visa head on 12.11.2014 : to asked about visa approvalemoticonemoticon
# An email from visa head on 12.11.2014 : Resident permit issuedemoticonemoticon

Note: In my case-no marriage certificate verification; We were married at Copenhagen Commune, Denmark emoticon.

FYI: Please use email as your medium of contact not by call. They don't respond you properly in call. If they don't reply you on time, which means it is all under process (no problem) If they found any unusual things, will write you with proper alternatives/ you may get rejection too. So do not get harm down/comapre with one another cases. Case to case processing time may change. 

Thanks
friend - See more at: http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/739154#sthash.cbHqV2nU.dpuf
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott