Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

EU Blue Card & Spouse Visa (going to get married in Feb)

Toggle
I am an Indian national residing in & working in Australia on work visa (not a Australian Permanent resident/citizen).

I have a got a good job offer from a big organization in Berlin. My Salary is promised to be around 50,000Euro mark. I have a university degree recognised as H+ in Anabin database. 

My marriage date is fixed in Feb 2015. I would be able to get a certificate only at that time. 

Now whats my pathway to German work permit & bringing along my wife in March 2015. 

My potential employer is keen to get me in asap. So, I have been told that, they will do all they can legally to get me & spouse in. 

i) Is it possible to get Blue Card by Feb2015, if I apply for it on 1Dec14?
ii) Can I apply in German embassy in Melbourne or Caberra here in Australia or should I be travelling to India to lodge & attend the interview.
ii) If I have a blue card, do my spouse have to show A1 competency in German ?
iii) What is the processing time ? I could get the marriage certificate by lastweek of Feb 2015. If so, when should I apply for Spouse visa ?

Apologies for too many questions. I am confused now - not sure if I should accept the offer or not. 
Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

RE: EU Blue Card & Spouse Visa (going to get married in Feb)
Answer
11/5/14 2:21 PM as a reply to Arun.
bnearun:
I am an Indian national residing in & working in Australia on work visa (not a Australian Permanent resident/citizen).

I have a got a good job offer from a big organization in Berlin. My Salary is promised to be around 50,000Euro mark. I have a university degree recognised as H+ in Anabin database. 

My marriage date is fixed in Feb 2015. I would be able to get a certificate only at that time. 

Now whats my pathway to German work permit & bringing along my wife in March 2015. 

My potential employer is keen to get me in asap. So, I have been told that, they will do all they can legally to get me & spouse in. 

i) Is it possible to get Blue Card by Feb2015, if I apply for it on 1Dec14?

Yes

ii) Can I apply in German embassy in Melbourne or Caberra here in Australia or should I be travelling to India to lodge & attend the interview.

If you have lived in Australia for more than 183 days, you can directly apply form there

ii) If I have a blue card, do my spouse have to show A1 competency in German ?

No

iii) What is the processing time ? I could get the marriage certificate by lastweek of Feb 2015. If so, when should I apply for Spouse visa ?

6-8 weeks in general and you should apply after you get marriage certificate. It would not be possible to apply for spouce visa without a marriage certificate.

Apologies for too many questions. I am confused now - not sure if I should accept the offer or not. 
Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Good luck

Thanks,
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18