Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Is translator needed in Rathaus

Toggle
Is translator needed in Rathaus
Answer
11/5/14 2:08 AM
Hi All,
I went to rathaus Leverkusen for my new born son's birth certificate. First time that person ask me translator than he started speaking in english and ask me my elder son birth certifiacte(I don't know why it is required) next day he ask me translator even he speaks good english. When I ask top bosses there even they don't want to speak English. I asked them if it is German law please give me in written than they say I dont know what are you talking speak in German. My question is it the law in Germany to have translator all the time.
-1 (1 Vote)

RE: Is translator needed in Rathaus
Answer
11/5/14 10:23 AM as a reply to surjeet singh.
surjeet:
Hi All,
I went to rathaus Leverkusen for my new born son's birth certificate. First time that person ask me translator than he started speaking in english and ask me my elder son birth certifiacte(I don't know why it is required) next day he ask me translator even he speaks good english. When I ask top bosses there even they don't want to speak English. I asked them if it is German law please give me in written than they say I dont know what are you talking speak in German. My question is it the law in Germany to have translator all the time.
It's Germany and the official language is "German". Wake up to this reality and either learn German or take a translator with you.

Eventhough h Beamter speaks good english, he cannot or supposed to give you any official documet by explaining it to you n English.

When you are signing a paper to recive any document, it's the duty of the Beamter to check that he has explained all the relavent laws to you in German language and also check that you have understood it.

So they have the right to ask you for a translator.

-cgw
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/5/14 10:45 AM as a reply to surjeet singh.
I had my new born's birth certificate done here.  I had to speak in German to the guy there, although my german is not fluent i managed. He needed a certificate from the Indian Embassy that they dont object that my daughter has her dad's name as surname (I found it strange but he found it strange that me and my husband didnt have a common family name. I had not changed my family name after marriage). As I know no other Indian friends has to do this. So it can be that your case is special and you might need to produce a specific document. I would just give them what they want rather than trying to reason out if its right or legal. They need it in German may be because he wants to have all his records straight. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/14 4:58 PM as a reply to surjeet singh.
You might want to read §23 Abs 1 of the Verwaltungsverfahrensgesetz.

On the other hand, if you want service in English you should consider moving to a country where English is one of the official languages.

Verwaltungsverfahrensgesetz

§ 23 Amtssprache

(1) Die Amtssprache ist deutsch.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7