Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa Requirement: Health Insurance

Toggle
Hi guys,

I have gone through all th threads about spouse visa somehow didnt find health insurance topic being discussed. If by any chance I have missed it please kindly redirect me to the thread.emoticon

I am an Indian married to German.
In my case we got married just a month ago and I will be inlcuded in my husband's health insurance cover only after an year of getting married.

I called the vfs guys helpline and they told me for long term visa I need travel insurance of 4 weeks.
This sounds too easy?

My husband is also thinking of taking private health insurance for me for one year. Do you guys think it is required?

My first priority is to get the visa as smoothely as possible.

What health isnurance and for what duration should I apply to if any?

Any thoughts suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in Advance!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse Visa Requirement: Health Insurance
Answer
10/31/14 7:54 AM as a reply to Heidi.
If your DH is employed and has public health insurance, it is straight forward matter to enrol you at no extra premium. It has nothing to do with date of marriage. For insurance, they do no differentiate between foreigners and Germans.

If you are enrolled into private health insurance for 1 year, you cannot change to public health insurance.

Those VFS guys dont know what they are talking about. Travel insurance policies are mainly for tourists and not for residents. 

In Germany, you have to be compulsorily insured for life long.

google keywords: Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18