Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Leaving Germany after Unlimited Residence Permit (UA)

Toggle
We are finally leaving germany after 7 yrs of stay. During this time I have received UA (unlimited residency).
My Q. is what will be effect on my status after Abmeldung from local ÄBH ?

It might be possible to visit Germany on a short term basis due to my new job requirement - is it possible to maintain the status ??

Responsible feedback will be appreciated

Thx
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Leaving Germany after Unlimited Residence Permit (UA)
Answer
2/16/06 11:25 AM as a reply to anand sharma.
i guess u can come once in 6 months to germany and still have ur UA intact.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/06 4:04 PM as a reply to anand sharma.
Just showing up once in 6 mnth will keep UA status intact or should have min. 6mnth stay in Germany will keep the status intact ???
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/06 4:08 PM as a reply to anand sharma.
@anand3174

Minimum 6 months of stay is mandatory to maintain your unlimited residency. However you can you talk to ABH and get a long-term tourist visa if you just want to visit Germany time to time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/06 4:26 PM as a reply to anand sharma.
i know people in my office who have NE and have to work in a diff country show up in germany once in 2 months . since now they had no problems. So i guess showing up once in 6 months is ok ...this is also mentioned while you get your NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/06 7:44 PM as a reply to anand sharma.
This topic has been discussed here many times.

This is something new that I found from another forum. This guy had to prove that he was not away from Germany for more than 3 months (90 days)

So, maybe the limit is not 6 months, but 3 months ??

http://www.toytownmunich.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=30782&view=findpost&p=444920
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/5/06 12:24 AM as a reply to anand sharma.
Hi ,

Can some one throw insight onto the 90 days issue.

What would be the case if we land else where in EU.
would they also check ?

waiting for more replies.

sudeep
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/5/06 7:29 AM as a reply to anand sharma.
Every foreigner living in Germany must read the ZuwG (Zuwanderungsgesetz, Law of Immigration) at least once. This Law defines the rules what a foreigner can do or can't do in Germany: http://aufenthaltstitel.de

Now, this stuff has been discussed here several times. Please search the forum first.

The Law stating that you cannot leave Germany for longer than 6 months is AufenthG, §51, item 7:
http://aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#51 . AufenthG is part of ZuwG. This Law is independent upon EU. No matter where you go, even to Austria, if you leave Germany for longer than 6 months, you immediately lose your residence permit (limited or unlimited, no exception).

The 90 day-issue stated in the link can be an extraordinary situation and might be related to the status/type of visa/permit the person had. Also not to forget, the situation belongs to the state Bavaria, might have additional regulations.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18