Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa and kids visa delayed.

Toggle
Spouse visa and kids visa delayed.
Answer
10/27/14 9:48 AM
Hi,
I  need help on what to do and where to go and check to get the exact status of dependant visa for me and my kids.

1) Applied for dependants visa along with my husbands visa. MY hubby got the approval in  a weeks time and got the stamping done in next 4 days. We applied for visas on july 9th in Bangalore German Embassy.
2) My husband left for germany on 2nd aug. I have been calling the embssy and get a respone that it is in process and need to wait for the email.I havent received any mails with the status.

Now i need help.
Which office in germany my husband need to go and check to know the status.
Can i do anything from india regrding checking.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse visa and kids visa delayed.
Answer
10/27/14 2:32 PM as a reply to Vins s.
You husband should go to 'Ausländerbehörde' in his local city and should find out the status. Actually the final decision is made by Ausländerbehörde and once they send the reply to Embassy in Bangalore, you will get a mail to collect the visa from Bangalore embassy.

You can keep calling the emabassy every few weeks. But your husbands enquiry in Ausländerbehörde will be more effective and accurate.

Just an additional note;
If your husband does not speak good german, please ask him to take someone with him who can communicate in German. 
Normally the HR departments from his company can help with this. Or even a friend with good german skill will be very useful.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/28/14 11:42 AM as a reply to Hamburger.
Me and my husband had attended interview and submitted docs for german visa on 18th june 2014. My husband got his visa in a week but for my dependent visa, its been 18 weeks and still no response.Our marriage certificate verification was done in july sec week.
Later when 12 weeks got over, we called german visa office here in mumbai to know the status. Till now they keep saying they yet to get response from german authority in Germany.

From German authority as there was no response, my husband had sent mail to them asking for the status. They replied back saying they had posted letter asking for few more documents on 22 ng Aug.This we got to know only when we sent them a mail! So they resent the post and in 2nd week of Oct my husband took all documents and went to authority office. They sent back saying we need to submit in city authority office as our house that we rented is in city side.

Now when my husband went to city authority office to submit documents they  send back saying they have not received any application. It has been more than a month old authority offical had confirmed they sent our files to city office. But city officials say they have not recieved yet.

Any idea how long it would take to send files from one authority office to other within same city?!
It has been more than a month now those files have been sent.
And once they recieve , will city authority confirm us by replying to our mails?And how long they might take further once they recieve our files?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/28/14 1:59 PM as a reply to Vins s.
Hi 
What i did in this case.

I Went with the below documents,
1) My contract letter
2) My Bank statement.
3) My Health Insurance.
4) My House contract.

to the Auslander office, before even they asked me to submit... 
Also i did not wait for the Email... i vist this office asking for the status 2 weeks once... 
Atlast i got the visa in 3 Weeks time for my wife and kid.

Hope this will be of some help to you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/28/14 5:49 PM as a reply to Vins s.
Thanks for the responses and suggestions.I have asked my husband to visit the local Auslanderamt Office personally and check the status.
Will keep you posted about my status after checking

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/14 12:15 PM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
Thanks for the response. But if they are hanging us saying still the documents have not reached them from other authority office within a city, any suggestion what to be done in such situation?

Any idea how long that internal transfers take, max?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/14 12:20 PM as a reply to gettingImpatient A K.
I did go to other city and spoke with the officer. Explained whole situation and requested him to expedite the process. They have spoken each other over a phone and completed all formalities very same day in the city where I live. You can give it a try in case this helps.

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/14 12:30 PM as a reply to hprj.
hprj:
I did go to other city and spoke with the officer. Explained whole situation and requested him to expedite the process. They have spoken each other over a phone and completed all formalities very same day in the city where I live. You can give it a try in case this helps.

Thank you so much. I will ask my husband to go to source office and talk to them. Hope they do something. Not recieving docs even after 5 weeks is heights!
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/2/14 7:12 AM as a reply to gettingImpatient A K.
Hello Gettingimpatient ,

I have 3 questions as I may be also in same situation emoticon.

1. Did you and your husband appeared together for Interview in mumbai Consulate ?

2. How is job offer scenario - Is it direct employment in Germany or Depuation from India Company to German Company ?

3. Normally how much time is required for getting wife visa mentioned by conulate ? (From 18 June till Oct end is quite significant).

Best of luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/14 9:49 AM as a reply to A K Kum.
ak.kum:
Hello Gettingimpatient ,

I have 3 questions as I may be also in same situation emoticon.

1. Did you and your husband appeared together for Interview in mumbai Consulate ?

2. How is job offer scenario - Is it direct employment in Germany or Depuation from India Company to German Company ?

3. Normally how much time is required for getting wife visa mentioned by conulate ? (From 18 June till Oct end is quite significant).

Best of luck.

Hi,

1) Ya me and my husband went for interview on the same day and I could remember, that was on18th June.

2) He went there on deputation from Indian company.

3) They had mentioned it generally takes 8-12 weeks. And our verification started roughly on 23,24 th June. So it has been more than 19 weeks!!

Really frustrating to wait like this with no update at all! No limit how long this gonna take!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/14 1:10 PM as a reply to gettingImpatient A K.
Hi,
what kind of verifiction you hd after submission of the docs?
After our perosal intervew in the consulate, we moved from bangalore to hyderabad and we have no idea of the verifiction.I would like to know what verification you had.

Thank,
Vineela
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/14 7:07 AM as a reply to Vins s.
vins:
Hi,
what kind of verifiction you hd after submission of the docs?
After our perosal intervew in the consulate, we moved from bangalore to hyderabad and we have no idea of the verifiction.I would like to know what verification you had.

Thank,
Vineela
Hi,

It was mainly about marriage certificate verification.
They did this after we sent dd which they had asked us.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/14 9:47 AM as a reply to Vins s.
vins:
Hi,
I  need help on what to do and where to go and check to get the exact status of dependant visa for me and my kids.

1) Applied for dependants visa along with my husbands visa. MY hubby got the approval in  a weeks time and got the stamping done in next 4 days. We applied for visas on july 9th in Bangalore German Embassy.
2) My husband left for germany on 2nd aug. I have been calling the embssy and get a respone that it is in process and need to wait for the email.I havent received any mails with the status.

Now i need help.

@vins

German bureaucracy is famous all over the world, but i have some good news for you and others in a similar position;

Good News: the procedure will be completed until your spouse has made it through the "Probabtion period" i.e. as soon as the first 6 months of job are completed you will get the approval of your visa. In the meantime he should be submitting to the Aussländerbehörde (Foreigners Offoce), the proof of his last salary slips, alongwith a rental contract of an appartment with enough space for a single family (e.g. atleast 40 sq. meter) and Health Insurance.

TiP: As for people planning to apply for the German Work permit, it is always encouraged to apply together with your spouse and kids. But you will be granted visa together, only if you can show sound financial resources to survive on your own, in case the applicant looses the job within the first 6 months and doesnt have to rely on social benefits.

Furthermore, the following will also contribute to a successful joint application;

- A permamnent contract
- A minimum Salary of 48,000 €/year
- Initial appartment booking from hiring company
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7