Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Insurance for a freelancer with a working spouse

Toggle
hello everybody, 

first of all, thank you for this lovely and helpful community.

i recolated to germany a month ago, my spose took a job in Berlin while i am still looking. we got public insurance and having no job at the momemnt, i was included in this insurance plan.

now, i might be starting a freelance job (there is a potential project), and here comes the question which i could not resolve, what happens to my insurance? does it remain the same (i doubt)? shall i start pay an additional contribution with the same insurance?  

i appreciate your help.

thank you!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Insurance for a freelancer with a working spouse
Answer
10/24/14 3:09 PM as a reply to mohammad.
As far as I know, you don't have to pay for Health Insurance if your income is stable and below 450 Euros per month. But in case your have variable monthly income, you need to estimate how much you might earn for that year and caluclate your monthly insurance payments.  There is a minum amount that you have to pay ( only if your yearly income is above a  certain amount ~4000 euros ).  Maybe you can use this link to calculate:

https://www.tk.de/tk/beitraege/beitragsrechner/selbststaendige/208528

http://www.tk.de/tk/bei-der-tk-versichert/selbststaendige/selbststaendige/346546
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott