Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa application city

Toggle
Visa application city
Answer
2/3/07 9:28 AM
Hi to all,

As i posted earlier, i got a job and received a contract also. My employer accepted to apply for my visa themselves. Since they too dont have much idea, they r going to speak with visa office. I have some doubts.

1. They have to apply with visa office where company is located(stuttgart) or where I am living(Köln).

2. Since i have not completed my studies (i m in student visa and have to do thesis to finish the course), i m going to try my luck with work visa. Meanwhile, my student visa expires on March15th. Will i face any problem for my student visa extension in case if i dont get work visa?

3. What i can speak with my employer to keep the offer alive, incase visa is rejected. Basic problem is i dont want cancel my student status in uni. I need Master degree.

Lot of questions. Pls, excuse me. Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Looking for your valuable reply.

Peek80
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa application city
Answer
2/4/07 5:40 PM as a reply to akash bala.
Hey peek80,

i was quite surprised when i saw ur posting...as i logged into trust7 to put the same questions absolutely 100%...and u did it...so letz both wait for some good info.....
awaiting replies....

cheers
panna
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/07 6:58 PM as a reply to akash bala.
1-) Company will apply to the Aliens-Office in Stuttgart. Stuttgart Aliens-Office will check with labour-Office(Arbeitsagentur) in Köln whether your residence permit can be approved. (Vorrangsprüfung) So both are involved, but your contact office will be Stuttgart Aliens-Office.(Ausländerbehörde)

2-) You may get 1 year residence permit for job search. (Provided that you have the financial means for that 1 year.)

3-) If residence permit is rejected, then why should the employer keep the offer alive ? If you were an employer, would you keep the offer alive ? If you dont want to cancel your student-status, then first finish the Uni and than apply for the jobs. Or tell the company you can not start before March 15th. It is less than 2 months, so it is acceptable as a start date. Did you try that ? Can't the company wait 2 months till you finish your studies ?

Dont be desperate.. there are zillions of other jobs out there.. the job market is good nowadays.. finding a job in IT Market has not been so easy for 7 years. So Enjoy.. as it will not last long.. ;)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/07 3:18 AM as a reply to akash bala.
Hi
For the first answer, I just realized that you actually live in Köln and the company is in Stuttgart. So please exchange the names Stuttgart and Köln, when you are reading that answer.. ;)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/7/07 10:08 PM as a reply to akash bala.
@Lacrima

You keep no stone unturned to reply the question of anybody. I appreciate it.

In your reply you have written,

"So Enjoy.. as it will not last long.. "

does that mean the Job-boom is going to seaze shortly or you mean that the IT JOB-Boom will last long.

Thanx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/7/07 10:51 PM as a reply to akash bala.
Hi,

Thanks Lacrima. I go ahead with the given info. As u said, i m not going to loose a lot. Since, i have exp. and offer, i m trying my luck to earn. thats it. anyway i post, what happened.

Hi panna, now the actual situation is more tricky than i explained and thrilling. i m just watching frm outside, what is going to happen. if u want, we can contact thru email.

PEEK80
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/07 12:17 PM as a reply to akash bala.
@rikudost
Did you hear a term "pig cycle"(Schweinezyklus) ?
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schweinezyklus

That is what is happening on the IT Job market. When there are plenty of jobs and not enough engineers then salaries start to raise. The students finishing the high schools see the high salaries and start to enroll at Universities in IT-Fields. Till the time those unrolled students graduate, the job market starts to saturate and because of the many number of engineers in the market, the salaries start to decrease. The students enrolling to the universities see the low salaries and start not to study IT-Fields and the cycle goes on. This cycle takes approx. 4-5 years(the period a student needs to graduate).. so we had a boom in 2000 and another boom started in 2006.. this cycle will continue probably till 2010, but the peak point is about to be reached in this year.(IMHO)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/07 11:09 PM as a reply to akash bala.
@lacrima

Hi dear,

Thanks for spending time to answer my query.

Kindly answer my question that i posted recently related to "Conversion of Work Visa to Student visa".

Have a nice weekend !!!

bye
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3