Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

How to apply for dependent visa for wife.

Toggle
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I have doubt regarding applying dependent visa for my wife.

I am travelling to Germany on july 2015 for 6 months on work permit visa for deputation. I will get allowance as well as indian salary which is sufficient for two people to stay in Germany . My visa will be processed by my company itself but they are not helping me to process my wife's visa. So, I want to  apply for dependent visa for my wife. How long will it take to process the visa..? And what all documents are required...? Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: How to apply for dependent visa for wife.
Answer
10/21/14 7:21 PM as a reply to zubair Iqbal Shaikh.
6 month stay- dependent visa not possible. Instead apply for visitors visa
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/14 8:20 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
thanks for your reply. I have few questions regarding visitors visa.

1.  On visitors visa can my wife stay for 6 months?
2.  What is obligation Letter ?
3.  I heard from one of my friend that if i submit obligation letter along with my documents, visitors visa will never be rejected. Can i get obligation letter for 6 months stay for my wife.
4. How much will be visitors visa processing time.

lots of questions...sorry!! emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/14 3:58 AM as a reply to zubair Iqbal Shaikh.
Only 3 months..the letter states that you are able to support her financially during her stay in Bund.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/14 10:57 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Ok can i apply for visitors visa for 3 months travel twice in a year with the gap of 3 months between two travels ? And for visitors visa do i need to submit accomodation details within the schengen area for all 3 months ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/27/14 3:00 PM as a reply to zubair Iqbal Shaikh.
As far as I know, 
1) Visitors visa is normally single entry.
2) You have to have a gap of atleast 6 months between two visit (e.g, if you visited in March with a visiting visa, they wont issue you another visiting visa until end of Oct) - but I am not so sure about this, better clarify with the embassy.
3) 'Verpflichtungserklärung' (sponsor letter) is quite important for visiting visa (but not a must). This you can get from your local resident city in Germany. For this you first have to be here.
Alternatively, enough financial evidence to support the stay would be enough

Basically, you have two alternatives:
1) Apply visa togather - your wife can come with you for 3 months on visiting visa and have to return back after 3 month
2) You come alone, get the sponsor letter, then apply for your wifes visa in India. Your wife could join you on the 3rd month, and you guys can leave together...

Although not very idea scenario, but to be honest I dont see any better solution (unless your company helps you with dependant visa - but I will not be too optimisting with this, because it takes atleast 3 months to process + there are a lot of other requirements)

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott