Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India?

Toggle
Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? rijesh k haridas 10/17/14 10:20 AM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Selvaperumal 10/17/14 10:59 AM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? rijesh k haridas 10/17/14 11:27 AM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Selvaperumal 10/17/14 12:22 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? rijesh k haridas 10/17/14 12:41 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Selvaperumal 10/19/14 7:39 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Simer 10/17/14 5:03 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Selvaperumal 10/19/14 7:47 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Simer 10/20/14 12:18 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Navin Kumar 10/24/14 12:00 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Selvaperumal 10/24/14 1:13 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Selvaperumal 10/24/14 1:30 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? rijesh k haridas 10/25/14 6:16 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Selvaperumal 10/25/14 10:26 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? rijesh k haridas 10/27/14 6:48 AM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? rocky san 12/5/14 1:15 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Navin Kumar 12/5/14 11:57 AM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Sandeep Kumar 4/24/15 4:17 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? rijesh k haridas 4/24/15 5:21 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Sandeep Kumar 4/24/15 5:48 PM
RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India? Sandeep Kumar 6/19/15 7:01 PM
Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India?
embassies in india germany spouse visa
Answer
10/17/14 10:20 AM
I have a job offer from a Berlin company and i would be making a blue card visa application in Bangalore consulate soon.The Berlin company is doing the pre-approval process and i think it will help in expediting my visa process.

My query is it better to apply visa for my spouse along with my application or should i reach Germany, get all docs(bluecars,rental agreements,insurance) and then apply for spouse visa.
In the latter case i know that A1 German certificate is not required for my wife but is it required if we apply together?

What are the pros/cons of making the application together?Will the blue card application get delayed because of spouse visa?.

Any help is much appreciated.
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Pros/Cons of applying blue card and spouse visa together from India?
Answer
10/17/14 10:59 AM as a reply to rijesh k haridas.
Your Blue Card application does not depends on the spouse visa. Both are processed seperately

In most of the cases, the blue card visa approval arrives sooner when compared to the spouse visa.

Spouse visa takes a longer time(It involves marriage certificats verification etc.,).  Translation of the marriage certificate(if it is in any Indian language), Adding your name as spouse name in your spouse passport might fasten the spouse visa.

The advantage of applying the spouse visa along with your application is : lesser documentation work for the spouse visa . Sometimes spouse visa arrives soon, so that your spouse can travel along with you.

If spouse visa is applied after you arriving to Germany, then your spouse should wait until you get the following. Your invitation letter, Accomodation contarct, Your Blue card visa which you will get after going to germany, etc.,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/14 11:27 AM as a reply to Selvaperumal.
Thanks for the info mate.

So applying together the blue card and spouse visa means we should take 2 appointments at the same time (if possible) and carry all documents mentioned in the checklist for 'employment visa' + 'Family Reunion for Spouses'  right or is the process is different to that of 'reunion'?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/14 12:22 PM as a reply to rijesh k haridas.
It will be only a single appointment with 2 persons. when you book a appointment specify number of persons as 2.

Even if you got 2 seperate appointments, your spouse can explain it to the visa officer.

There are cases, where the spouse visa was applied 2 days after submitting the husbands Blue card visa application. But you have to convince the visa officer sitting in the counter
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/14 12:41 PM as a reply to Selvaperumal.
Ok.Thanks
Even if its a single appointment we should carry 2 set of docs respectively for both blue card and spouse visa
i.e,2 applications (
Antrag auf Erteilung einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis) right?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/14 5:03 PM as a reply to Selvaperumal.

Hi asp58,

I
also would like to ask my query here as well. I also in same condition as owner of this post. I job offer from Berlin based start-up and applied my residence permit here in new delhi. I also wanted to add my spouse and apply same day but unfortunately, because of her berth certificate missing, she wasn't able go along with me. Now we already applied for duplicate certificate and i hope we will get it by
next Monday.
my question is here, i already applied for my Residence permit last Wednesday and she got her appointment by next Wednesday. So do you think she has to face tough questioning about why she applying one week late or why didn’t with me!

Many thanks in advance.

Sim
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/14 7:39 PM as a reply to rijesh k haridas.
Yes. Right. 2 set of application for each
0 (0 Votes)

sim:

Hi asp58,

I
also would like to ask my query here as well. I also in same condition as owner of this post. I job offer from Berlin based start-up and applied my residence permit here in new delhi. I also wanted to add my spouse and apply same day but unfortunately, because of her berth certificate missing, she wasn't able go along with me. Now we already applied for duplicate certificate and i hope we will get it by
next Monday.
my question is here, i already applied for my Residence permit last Wednesday and she got her appointment by next Wednesday. So do you think she has to face tough questioning about why she applying one week late or why didn’t with me!

Many thanks in advance.

Sim
Your spouse can explain the situation why she is applying seperately. They will mostly accept it. Give a try.

In your application, you would have mentioned that your spouse is not joining you. So better you send a letter through your spouse explaining what was the reason for specifing Your spouse is not joining with you in your appln and now you need a spouse visa
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/14 12:18 PM as a reply to Selvaperumal.
Many thanks asp58 for your reply!

yes we already booked an appointment for 22/10. but what i remeber in my application form i answerd yes to the following question :

"Will you be accompanied by members of your family? If so, where? ***) "

and wrote spouse for the following question

"Wenn ja, welche? If so, which? "

Do you still think i should send the reason to the consulate !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/14 12:00 PM as a reply to Simer.
I  have a job offer from a Stuttgart company and I would be applying for a German national visa - employment application in Bangalore consulate soon. And there after for a Blue Card in Germany.

The Sttuggart company is doing the pre-approval process and I think it will help in expediting my visa process.

Question 1: Is it better to apply for a Blue Card directly instead of German National Visa - Employment.

Questiont 2:
We would like to apply visa for my spouse and kid along with mine(Same time).

I would be travelling in Feb 2015 and my family will travel in April 2015.

Now the question, Should I inform the embassy that my family will travel to Germany at a later date.

What will be the visa start date for my spouse and son? Will it be from Feb 2015 or April 2015.

Your help is highly appreciable.

Regards,
Navin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/14 1:13 PM as a reply to Navin Kumar.
navin:
I  have a job offer from a Stuttgart company and I would be applying for a German national visa - employment application in Bangalore consulate soon. And there after for a Blue Card in Germany.

The Sttuggart company is doing the pre-approval process and I think it will help in expediting my visa process.

Question 1: Is it better to apply for a Blue Card directly instead of German National Visa - Employment.

Questiont 2:
We would like to apply visa for my spouse and kid along with mine(Same time).

I would be travelling in Feb 2015 and my family will travel in April 2015.

Now the question, Should I inform the embassy that my family will travel to Germany at a later date.

What will be the visa start date for my spouse and son? Will it be from Feb 2015 or April 2015.

Your help is highly appreciable.

Regards,
Navin
There is no seperate application for Blue card. Only one application form is available which will be used for student visa, dependent visa, employment visa.

if you need a blue card, specify it in the covering letter. Secondly inform the visa officer orally that you need a Blue card.

Just mention the start date(April) in their respective application respectivly. In addition, inform the visa officer about the same.
Even if you miss it during the interview , inform the visa officer when your spouse visit the consulate for the second time for submitting the passport for visa stamping.

The Initial/entry  visa is issued only for 3 months. So mention the start date accordingly.

Since your pre-approval process is already started, you may get yourentry  visa very soon and your kids too.

The spouse visa might take some time, because it involves marriage certificats verification.
if you are lucky enough, your spouse also might get the entry visa soon.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/24/14 1:30 PM as a reply to Selvaperumal.
Dear Navin and Sim,

If your job contract is in English, please get a version in Deutsch from your employer.

If your degree is not from a german university, take print out of the ratings of your degree and your university from the anabin website.

These items are not mentioned in the checklist. But on the safer side, have it ready.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/14 6:16 PM as a reply to Selvaperumal.
One query.I havent added my spouse name in my passport.Does changing it now make any difference in the spouse visa processing time.Is marriage verification based on this?

My visa interview should be in another 3-4 weeks.Will reissuing the passport with spouse name now cause any complexities?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/14 10:26 PM as a reply to rijesh k haridas.
thisisanfield:
One query.I havent added my spouse name in my passport.Does changing it now make any difference in the spouse visa processing time.Is marriage verification based on this?

My visa interview should be in another 3-4 weeks.Will reissuing the passport with spouse name now cause any complexities?

The other way around will be helpful. i.e adding your name in your spouse passport definitely will add advantage. Sometimes the consulate may skip the marriage verification if the husbands name is added in the spouse passport.

Nowadays passport applied/renewed through tatkal are issued in 2 or 3 days. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/27/14 6:48 AM as a reply to Selvaperumal.
Thanks asp58.

In case of marriage verification,does the officer visit both the in-laws house?'
My in-laws are away and nobody stays in their house now.Is it possible to redirect to any relatives/friends house?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/14 11:57 AM as a reply to Selvaperumal.
Hello All,

I have applied for German national visa - employment application in Bangalore consulate about 2 weeks ago along with ZAV document(pre-approval document).

They even collected my passport and informed me that since I have the pre-approval, VISA would be granted within 3 days.

It is now 2 weeks(10 working days) and I haven't received any email from the consulate.

When I called them up, they informed there is some delay and I need to wait.

Usually how many days do they require grant a VISA with ZAV document(pre-approval document).

Regards,
Navin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/14 1:15 PM as a reply to rijesh k haridas.
Hey Thisisanfield

Did you get any update, and what happened to marriage verification. I am also in the same boat, submitted my application, along with wifes and kids. submitted 25k for documents verification (marriage, spouse birth cert, wifes education certs ,kids birth cert ). 

I am keen to know, if they really visit the inlaws and parents, village, marriage registar , etc for confirmation. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/15 4:17 PM as a reply to rijesh k haridas.
Hi,

First of all I would like to thank the owner of this site and all the members who are helping the new comers with their queries.

I am also expecting to get an offer soon as employer has finished with all the interviews rounds and told me that they will release the offer soon.

I have read all the threads in this forum. Almost all doubts are clear except the one:

I am also planning to apply for work permit (will write blue card on application form/cover letter) for me and family visa for my wife and one year kid altogether in single application in Banagalore.

my doubt is:
1.Does my wife need to have A1 certification in this case as we are applying together. She is M.Tech and now not working anymore after the birth of my daughter. Please note that I am applying for Blue card.

2. My marriage is 5.5 years Old and we have spouse names on both the passports (mine and wife's). Obviously, my kid passport has our names as her parents on the passport. Question is.....still the application will go for marraige verification process?

I thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Sandi

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/15 5:21 PM as a reply to Sandeep Kumar.
1.No A1 required if applying for spouse visa along with your blue card.
2.Even without spouse name in passport,we didnt have any marriage verification.Got both visa stamped in 2 days.Depends on luck maybeemoticon

**Based on Blue card + spouse visa appliaction experience from Bangalore consulate.
+2 (2 Votes)

Answer
4/24/15 5:48 PM as a reply to rijesh k haridas.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I am very much relaxed after reading this answer from you emoticon

I understand the fact that this depends on luck. I am also in Bangalore and will apply in Bangalore only.

I will keep my progress updated here emoticon

Thanks again.

Regards,
Sandi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/19/15 7:01 PM as a reply to Sandeep Kumar.
Hi,

I thank you all for sharing information on Visa. I finally got my Visa stamped for 3 months for me and my family as well. 

To my surprise, it just took only 1 day to get my Visa. I applied for blue card (wrote on the covering letter and told the interviewer verbally that I am applying for Blue card). I applied on 3rd June in Bangalore Consulate, and on 4th I collected my Visa Stamped on the passport!!!!

For spouse visa, I did not submit any A1 certificate. I am not sure if it was because of my spouse degree or due to blue card application or whatever reason. For information, she has Masters degree in Comp Science. They just kept the original marriage certificate at the time of interview and asked to collect during visa stamping. Same for my kid (they kept Original Birth Certificate). Very next day, they handed over the original certificates with the Visa.

I also want to share one confusion I had while collecting the documents for Visa application. They ask ALL DATA PAGES of passport and I thought I need to take copy of all the visas, stamps etc(non blank pages) in passport. But it is not like that. All Data Pages here simply means: First and Last page of your passport.....thats it. Also, please note that copy of ONLY the Latest passport if you have more than one passport. Same is true for Academic Certificates. They Just need Copy of Degree Certificate/s (not the all semesters mark sheets, no 12th, no 10th marks cards). Also, if you have any certification, copy of that as well. Regarding experience certificates, it is nice to take the current company appointment letter in case you are working currently, along with all the previous companies experience certificates.

One more intersting thing about Visa Stamping: When I visited the consulate in Bangalore to collect my Visa, lady asked me to tell her my expected date of travel to Germany. It means if you are applying lets say 2 months in advance, they give you option to stamp the validity date near your travel date so that you have a good 2.5 to 3 months (as visa is valid for 90 days) in hand after reaching Germany to take further action.

Thanks.

See you guys soon in Stuttgart Germany!!!!!
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott