Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Applying for Blue Card from UK - MBA

Toggle
Applying for Blue Card from UK - MBA
Answer
10/15/14 11:10 PM
Hi all,
Hoping someone can help me with this.

I am an Indian national, completed my MBA in UK and have been working in London for the past 3 years on Tier 2. I am within final rounds for a profile within product management at a startup (paying above salary threshold for blue card).

My initial understanding was:
1. I get a firm letter of employment
2. I apply for a blue card at German consulate at London
3. Should be able to get the permit in 2 months (if all goes well)

I started digging around a lot more, and some things have confused me.
1. Do i need to get some sort of foreign qualification recognition done from an agency in Germany?
2. Does my employer need to submit any forms to local authorities?

Would appreciate if someone can help on this.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Applying for Blue Card from UK - MBA
Answer
10/16/14 7:01 AM as a reply to Saurabh K.
1. Search "anabin database" in t7. U will come to know whether non German EU degree is equivalent to German degree or not

2, ur employer can contact local labour office to speed it up
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/14 2:54 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi cebit,

Thanks for the response. I went through the anabin database list, and was able to identify my institution as H+ . However, i wasn't able to find anything which suggests the course from the university. I went to yet another section of the database: http://anabin.kmk.org/no_cache/filter/hochschulabschluesse.html
and was able to find MBA as one degree listed under "Suchen nach Abschlusstypen" after selecting Great Britain. Does that mean the degree is recognized?

I got a mail back from BAMF specifically asking me to search under: "Suchen nach Abschlüssen". This doesn't list the same degree.
Google translation for the two terms just mean "Search by qualification" "Search by degree". Not really sure if it is recognized then?

Also, you did mention "anabin database in t7". I wasn't able to find it, do you have any link for that?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/14 1:25 PM as a reply to Saurabh K.
Ok, so i managed to resolve the queries from blue karte officially, which is very helpful. Here is what i found which i am sure would be helpful to others:

"
If your degree is not present under “Suchen nach Abschlüssen” you have to apply for an evaluation from the ZAB.
Allow me to explain the procedure in English:
Before you apply for an evaluation, I recommend searching for your university in the database “anabin” (Institutionen à Suchen à choose country à city à university). If your university is rated “H+” it means that it is a recognized university in Germany. Therefore you can apply for an evaluation of your qualifications.

The next step is to fill in the initial form for the evaluation of your degree. Go to http://www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertungen.html and simply click on “Vorformular” at the bottom of this page.

A new window will open (Antrag auf Zeugnisbewertung für einen ausländischen Hochschulabschluss). Complete this form and click on „Antrag erzeugen“. 

You will get an email with a second form that you must fill out. Please send the completed form to the return email address as well as sending a printed copy of the form and the required documents
"

Question for others now. Do i need to get this evaluation done, or can the employer speed up the process for this? This procedure takes close to 3 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott