Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent VISA with Work Permit

Toggle
Dependent VISA with Work Permit
Answer
10/15/14 9:11 AM
Hi All,

This is my first post here.
I am going to Frankfurt from my current company and all the paper work was done through them.

My family and I had PA date date for my Work Permit for long term (2 years) and their Dependent VISA on 24th September at New Delhi Embassy (India).
Somehow we got different slot.My 8 AM slot went good and I had stamped VISA with WP in hand on 29th Sept.

At 2 PM slot for my spouse and daughter though we paid for the VISA and got a receipt number with PA date as 24th September but the lady on counter said that she is holding my spouse's VISA due to missing birth certificate and Class 10th passing certificate which we have to submit asap.
We submitted these documents on 29th September.Also, Marriage verfication was optional so we declined for the same.

Now I have two questions -

1.Was the VISA request taken on 24th September itself as we have the receipt with this date mentioned for my spouse as well as daughter?
2.The lady at counter said it takes 4-12 weeks of time to get dependent VISA. I just need to know what is the average time taken as my boss wants me to join the office in Frankfurt asap. I have somehow convinced him to wait till this month end as I have a 6 month old baby, which will be ~5 weeks from PA date.Should I be hopeful that their VISA will come by then?

Please do help me out as I am totally blank.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Dependent VISA with Work Permit
Answer
10/15/14 11:17 AM as a reply to Isha.
Your visa application was online on 24th Sept to officials in Germany. They must be waiting for papers to come from India. The paper file has moved out of India after 29th Sept. 

5 weeks is very optimistic..If you search this forum, for many people it taken upto 3 months. If you are from Punjab (where many kabootars come from) there can be more delay.

Marriage vertification, you will hear from foreigners office in Germany,.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/14 12:56 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
Your visa application was online on 24th Sept to officials in Germany. They must be waiting for papers to come from India. The paper file has moved out of India after 29th Sept. 

5 weeks is very optimistic..If you search this forum, for many people it taken upto 3 months. If you are from Punjab (where many kabootars come from) there can be more delay.

Marriage vertification, you will hear from foreigners office in Germany,.

Thanks Cebit for the reply..

My visa documents were given at Delhi Embassy of German.
I am working in an IT company and it is an internal transfer for a role and I am not from Punjab.

"5 weeks is too optimistic" makes me worried now.
My VISA is already stamped and I have 3 months to travel to Germany and my boss wants me to travel asap.

It is 3 weeks today from the PA date. Can they ask for marriage registration post 3 weeks?
I am concerned as do not want to further delay the process.
I cannot leave my 6 month old here and move for work.

Sadly, all I can do is wait. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/14 1:44 PM as a reply to Isha.
Isha please understand that we can not provide any specifics on time lines. You can search innumerous threads on this topic. Have plan B in place if things do not go in your way. However we totally understand your personal situation and hope the visa will be processed soon.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/29/14 8:03 AM as a reply to hprj.
hprj:
Isha please understand that we can not provide any specifics on time lines. You can search innumerous threads on this topic. Have plan B in place if things do not go in your way. However we totally understand your personal situation and hope the visa will be processed soon.
You are spot on hprj.

I had to experience it to learn this. A colleague and me had same PA date for self & dependents from German Embassy in Delhi.
He got his and his dependents VISA in 3 weeks!!
As in my case, I got a mail on 4th week for document verification :-(
Just submitted all the docs.The lady in counter said it should take about a month for this process but have read so much delay due to verification process that now I have lost all hopes.

Just wanted to share my personal experience with others.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/3/14 11:57 AM as a reply to Isha.
isha_me:
hprj:
You are spot on hprj.

I had to experience it to learn this. A colleague and me had same PA date for self & dependents from German Embassy in Delhi.
He got his and his dependents VISA in 3 weeks!!
As in my case, I got a mail on 4th week for document verification :-(
Just submitted all the docs.The lady in counter said it should take about a month for this process but have read so much delay due to verification process that now I have lost all hopes.

Just wanted to share my personal experience with others.

Hi fellows
I submitted application on 19th september for dependent visa.As read in previous posts i was well prepared for this rough sea.The lady at the counter told me you donot require marriage verification,its on your wish to pursue it and its recomended as auslander office can ask for the same.So as read in previous posts I submitted the draft of 20000 then there itself at the time of interview ,and she said to me its going to take same time as ur application.I remember on the window of delhi embassy counters it was written for national visa time required 6 weeks minimum emoticon.
its been 6 weeks but there is no sign of verification,i have been waiting patiently for the same.I thought if i submit my verification fees that day itself it might save some days hehe, anyways  I dont know whats going to happen,keeping positive. But i will have to go to few places for abt 2 weeks  .My wife in germany mailed the auslander office , they replied they are in process of application but indian botschaft have introduced  verification,so they have to wait for there decision.
anyways my question is if i am away from my place , is there any problem neverthless someone will be available at home , i will leave my documents back.
pls keep us posted isha_me .saw ur post last and we were in abt same week in delhi embassy.
best of luck and lets hope for bestemoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/14 11:25 AM as a reply to Mayank manjul.
Hi Myk4u,

Wishing you also all the best and hope you receive some good news soon.
I think more experienced people here can help you better regarding your absence of two weeks.

For me, the status is pretty much the same.No one has contacted me yet. As I have read here that always have a Plan B ready.

So here is my Plan B 

My entry VISA expires on 28th Dec 2014. 24th December onwards the VISA extension office closes in germany. So have planned to move to Germany alone between 7th-10th December (~2 weeks ahead of expiration) :-( and get my resident permit by 24th December 2014 as I was informed it takes about 2 weeks.Then, I will travel back to India and only go back to Germany once my dependents gets the VISA.

However, hoping against hope that I get the dependent VISA before 7th December (~6 weeks from submission for document verification) and we all can travel together. But learning from this forum, it is never a smooth sail..So came up with the plan B.

I will keep you updated and you also do the same..
All the best :-)

Another update - The verification officer came to our home yesterday (5th Nov 2014) and took some pictures etc. and looked overall satisified. The birth certificate has to be verified for my hubby which take 2 days to travel by train :-(
Praying for a miracle!!

Isha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/24/14 7:28 PM as a reply to Isha.
Dear readers,
I have been following this post from last few months.Read many posts and comments and procedures they went through .Experience of previous posts were a leading light for many,including me.
Despite of checklists and procedures on websites , due to less transparency in the national visa sometimes makes it daunting and haunting waiting each day without any news .
I am including my visa procedure and dates .
-  I applied for Family Reunion Visa 19 th september  2014 at new delhi embassy
with all the documents in the checklists including A1 certificate despite being a graduate ,ration card notarised english copies,birth certificate (my birth certificate was in hindi so translated in english by notary),10th marks sheet  and marriage certifcate (i apostilled it ..juss for future use .)As german embassy doesnot approve indian appostile,All the docs as in checklist.
- I took with me the draft of 25000 along with me during the submission.Visa officer asked me ,are you aware about the verification process.I said yes I am aware about it.She said whether you want to take it or not,its on your decision,as of now according to your documents I cannot ask it, depends on auslander office they will issue verification if needed.
- Along with documents i Submitted 25000 verification fees 0n 19th september.
- 19th october mailed auslander office and newdelhi embassy.Both had the same verse :that your application is under verification process.
- November 5th again emailed auslander office after 6 weeks .They replied they are waiting for verification.
-November 13th Received email from newdelhi embassy that your visa have been decided upon.
-submitted Passport in the embassy and received it within 3 working days at new delhi embassy.
-Travelled next day.
Hope my information might help some .
thanking you 
yours
myk
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/9/14 7:04 AM as a reply to Mayank manjul.
Thanks myk for sharing your experience and Congrats!!
However, in my case no update till now for dependent VISA.

However, my company wants to move my travel to next quarter (Jan-Mar 2015).

I have two questions -

1.Can I apply for fresh permit as my current 3 month entry VISA will expire on 28th Dec 2014 (I have not yet travelled using this)? Is there any cooling off period/chances of rejection due to this?
2.If I receive dependent VISA, which are valid in next quarter, do I have to reapply in next quarter as I will have to apply mine again or their is no link between my VISA and my dependent's VISA?

Please do reply as I need to make decision based on this.
Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/14 3:13 PM as a reply to Isha.
isha_me:

I have two questions -

1.Can I apply for fresh permit as my current 3 month entry VISA will expire on 28th Dec 2014 (I have not yet travelled using this)? Is there any cooling off period/chances of rejection due to this?
2.If I receive dependent VISA, which are valid in next quarter, do I have to reapply in next quarter as I will have to apply mine again or their is no link between my VISA and my dependent's VISA?

Thanks in advance.
dear isha,
Regarding applying fresh , u sure can , there is no point of rejection if everything is fine.
even we did it twice..but first time we did not apply for dependent cause the employer deployment  letter was not of 1 year, we were informed that we can apply for dependent visa only if you have resident permit for 1 year ...or deployment letter  of atleast 1 year.. 
so second time after the deployment ...we applied for dependent visa..
And yes dependent and ur visa is linked..as far as i know...so while reapplying for the visa you can reconfirm for the the same ,or you can mail new delhi embassy and mention all the things and ask them what to do ....and i am sure  thats the best way ..the authorised email by them will be able to tell you all ,or you can also contact ur company global team who helps for visa and travel stuffs.

In my case, checklists said copy of orignal   resident permit ...I applied through the receipt of applying resident permit .
I emailed delhi embassy and they replied yes I can ....I submitted that mail with the recepit of resident permit ..and they mailed very promptly stating everything very clearly.So that helped,otherwise on phone  at embassy callcentre  guy said you need RP before applying.

Hope this might help..sure u will get everything sorted out in few weeks ...best of luck .....Write everything clearly...to them they will reply back for sure..
thanks 
brgds
myk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/13/15 6:07 AM as a reply to Isha.
isha_me:

I have two questions -

Thanks in advance.
Just wanted to update all on the current happening.
Phewww, it seems things are definitely dead slow for me and I am losing patience. I know that I have no option here.

My company decided to not move me till my family also has VISA as my daughter is only nine month old. So, my VISA has expired. Dependent VISA is with alien office in Germany since 19th Dec 2014. No update till now.

I dropped a mail to the Alien Office yesterday morning but no reply back till now. Do they reply back to a mail in English? I am not yet skilled enough in German to write a mail in the language.

Now my queries -

Any idea why is the ABH office taking so long in approval of dependent VISA as I was told they take 5-10 days working to reply back?

My VISA has expired, any idea what can I do to get a fresh stamping once the dependent VISA is approved?

If my spouse decides to not go to Germany and join an offer he is getting in India, do I have to get his dependent VISA cancelled, after I have valid residence permit?

danke schön!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/15 9:42 AM as a reply to Isha.
It has been now officially 13 weeks since the verification started. I am in touch with my ABH through mail with whom the dependent VISA is pending.He asked me to book a hotel. I did but that was in a different jurisdictation (nearby 30-35 mins from where I will work). So I cancelled the earlier hotel booking and booked another hotel in same jurisdiction as where I will be working.
I sent the hotel booking confirmation mail to the ABH on 23rd Jan 2015 and then a mail on 27th Jan confirming if anything further is needed for the decision.
Is it supposed to be so tough?
I mean 5 weeks + 13 weeks and counting for the decision on dependent VISA.

Please throw some light.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/15 10:16 AM as a reply to Isha.
Finally VISA received for all :-)
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK