Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

VISA Type - "Dependent" or "Family re-union"

Toggle
Hi,

I got offer from German company and want to apply Long term national visa under "Work Permit category" . I am trying to apply my wife's visa along with me.

on VFS website (New Delhi) when I tried to check latest available date for interview , I saw that I need to select my state and consulate as Mumbai (VFS told me that I can check latest interview available date at German consulate Mumbai from VFS Delhi and I was able to see it).

Surprisingly for Long term category  has many sub categories , but it has got 1 sub category as "DEPENDANT".Currently there are no dates available for Family Re-union Visa.

VFS gave me input that DEPENDANT Visa catagory is for dependants if Primary applicant and dependant want to apply visa at the same time from India. Family re-union Visa category is for dependants whose primary applicant is already in Germany and family wants to join the primary work visa holder.

But VFS asked me to confirm from Consulate , I didn't get any reply from Consulate over this point.

If somebody has done Primary applicant's work visa + dependant visa at the smae time from Mumbai consulate , can they confirm whether Spouse visa category will be "Dependant" instead of Family reunion.

Also which documents are required for "Dependant visa category" as on consulate website there is no information about "Dependant Visa category"

I need to take appointment on urgent basis , pls help.

Regards,
AK
0 (0 Votes)

RE: VISA Type - "Dependent" or "Family re-union"
Answer
10/14/14 6:08 PM as a reply to A K Kum.
Hi,

sometimes life is not half as complicated as you make it ;-

You got the job offer, you apply for an employment visa and in your application form they ask you, if you will be accompanied by your family or not. You say yes and fill in the names.

That's it.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/14 12:17 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi,

Thanks for reply . I know taht in form I need to write Yes agianst "Will you be accompanied by Family members".

But VFS is saying that they can's suggest me Visa type, I will have to tell them in which Visa category my family will come. They have 2 Visa category - Dependant & Family Re-Union.

Also for me , its Work permit visda category.

Is it like for taking interview dat for Work permit visa category, I need to mention how many person would like to attend interview ? Such question is being asked on VFS website.

Does this mean that Visa will be applied under "Work Permit" category and my spouse will ahev to appear with me for Visa interview with all documents same as that of mentioned against Fmaily Reunion.

Has anybody recently done Workpermit + Spouse visa together from Mumbai consulate ?

Pls explain the procedure in detail.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/15 6:52 AM as a reply to A K Kum.
Hi A K Kum,Our case is same as yours. We both want to apply for visa from Mumbai. As my husband is having contract form German company, he is going to apply for long term employement visa. What will be my visa type?
Dependant or family reuniun? I want to apply with him only. Please guide/help. Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/15 6:54 AM as a reply to trust7.
Hey please can you tell if we both can apply at a same time from Mumbai and if yes, what will be type of visa for me(wife).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/18/15 11:08 AM as a reply to A K Kum.
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your insights.
My fiance is working in Stuttgart, Germany and she holds Blue Card. Now, we are thinking of getting married and I am planning to move with her. I am currently working as a Product Manager in an Indian IT company in New Delhi. Currently, it is tough for her to come to India in next couple of months for court marriage.
  1. Is it possible that I go to Germany with a tourist visa and we get the court marriage done there itself and then I come back to India to apply for the dependent visa?
  2. We want to get married soon and want to stay together in Germany. Is there any other better approach through which I can go there soon?
Best Regards,
Deepak

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/16 9:26 PM as a reply to A K Kum.
Just in case that helps..
i chose"family reunion" visa..this was told to me by an officer at boston embassy..i hold an indian passport so i guess it sud b d same for you guys too..
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott