Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Citizenship

Toggle
Citizenship
Answer
1/5/05 5:22 PM
Hello all,
does anyone know how long does it take after the PR to get the german citizehsip? (I do not know if this is possible at all??) Is it easier to apply in some bundesländer? And does for example Hessen count the years spent in Bayern ??

Thanks a lot
Zash
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship
Answer
1/5/05 5:31 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
You need 8 years of stay in Germany in any state to get citizenship. There should not have any reason not to count stay time in other states. But if you are integrated in Germany and you can speak in German, you can apply for citizenship in 7 years according to new immigration law. Except BW and Bayern, any stay for any reasons including study other states of Germany just consider total legal stay of 7 or 8 years. But you have to have a secured life at the time you apply for citizenship.

regards,

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 5:33 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
you do not need PR to get CS.
you need only 8 years (7 if you do integration course) of AE in De and Unterhalt.

lots of people will sooner get CS than PR because for CS you do not need 60 Renten and ABW Zeiten are counted. For PR ABW Zeiten are not counted.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 6:07 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
mk for example, will sooner get citizenship than PR (allthough he hopes to get PR now) because he has 3 years in D and he needs only 4 more years for CS.
And for PR he needs 5 years because he just got GC.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 6:25 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
So I understand that a student who has been here since 7 or 8 years with bewilligung can get the CS???
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 6:29 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Absolutely,I have a friend who got a German Passport last year.He came here in 1997 as a student and is working now since 3 years.
vah
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 6:33 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
not exactly.
as a student you can not aply for cs but if you were student 7 years and if you then get job and normal AE than you can ask cs the same day.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 6:38 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
True.I agree.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 6:41 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
I called the Ausländerbehörde yesterday to ask if I can apply for the NE. I am a scientist working for Fraunhofer Institute, and I have the GC since ca. 4 years. But I read in the law that a scientist can get the NE even if salary less than 84k. The woman at the ABH did not know about this and she said that they still do not know who is classified as scientist and who not ??!!?? She also said that at the end of the 5 years I need to have a job to get the NE and this job must be unbefristet contract!! But my contract is now only for 5 years limited and it could be that I get a 6th year but not more, i can not get an unbefristet contract... So I feel i have a problem to get the NE. Anyone has info of what I wrote and can advise me?? I would be very grateful for any comments and ideas..

Thanks, Zash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 6:52 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
One Idea:
Find a job with an unlimited contract,Get your NE.Resign from this new job.Get back to your old contract.That might sound really stupid to us,but at the moment the beamters only know only A to B of the law.
I think it would take them some months before they get used to solving these trivial 'puzzles'.
BTW I never read anywhere that unlimited contract is required for NE.
VAH
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 7:01 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
According to law you need Unterhalt.
Nowhere says you need unbefristete Vertrag.

So they will have to give NE. With or without court. Noch besser is to get a lawyer (von Detlef) to get this NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 7:02 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
@zash

Dont rely on the words of "The woman at the ABH".
As per your explanation, it looks like that she already confessed that she doesnt have any idea about the new immigration law.

Put yourself on her place, there is some new law and you dont have a clue what is gonna happen with it. A foreigner comes to you and asks, "Do I need a limited or unlimited contract for NE with the new law ?"

If you dont know the answer, what would be a "safe" guess ? emoticon correct, unlimited.. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/10 1:29 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi,

Can you please let me know when does one recieve your first ever letter(ack) or some form of communication from the beamte's office. I have applied on Jan 19th and havent heard from them so far. I am expecting some kind of a acknowledgment letter stating that I have already applied.

I had applied in person in Munich.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18