Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Regarding einbürgerung,what happens if one leaves Germany for some months,

Hi All

I lost my job some days back. Currently didnt find any good offer in Germany, but have some offers in UK. I am living in Germany for 7 years, have D-EG, and may apply for citigentship in 1 year.

Now, what happens if I have my appartment here, keep my anmeldung, and work in UK for 6 or 12 months ? Then, if I come back to Germany, and live 1 more year, am I eligible for applying for citiegentship ? As I know, the 8 years need to be un-interrupted. So, keeping anmeldung/appartment, and visiting every 2-3 months, is it considered as staying in Germany, even if I am working in UK ?

Thank you all...
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Regarding einbürgerung,what happens if one leaves Germany for some mont
Antwort
05.03.09 18:38 als Antwort auf Kazi Kabi.
If you leave the country for more than 6 moths you lose your residence. But you can apply for citizenship with 7 years of residence. Don't need to wait for 8 years. You just need to have completed the integration course, which is basically having the B1 Deutsch Certificate + 3 months of an orientation course.

Ari
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.03.09 18:51 als Antwort auf Kazi Kabi.
@arianna
"If you leave the country for more than 6 moths you lose your residence."

Not true for DE-EG residence permit, For DE-EG, one lose the residence if he/she is more than 12 months out of Germany.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.03.09 20:59 als Antwort auf Kazi Kabi.
For the naturalization process, it doesn't matter that you have D-EG. Because the naturalization law is clear about this issue. You may read it yourself
StAG §12 b
http://www.info4alien.de/einbuergerung/gesetze/stag.htm#12b

Regarding the question to keep your "Anmeldung" in Germany. You would be legally on a gray zone. it may or may not work. There is no guarantee about it. Your citizenship can be revoked even after years, if someone finds out that you just kept your "Anmeldung" at that time and you were lying about the requirements concerning the naturalization process.
You wont be working and paying taxes here either. So it is high likely that someone will get suspicious about your situation.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.03.09 21:09 als Antwort auf Kazi Kabi.
Hi,

your plan is not correct, legally... but it will work ;-)

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3