Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Application for self-employed freelance visa in Mumbai

Toggle
Hallo all,

Not finding anything previously posted on the above subject, I'd like to ask if anyone has actually applied for a long-term visa to pursue freelance work in Germany at the Consulate in Mumbai? 

I had my interview today and well, they couldn't take my application because it doesn't fall in the usual category. However, just 3 weeks back at the Ausländerbehörde in Köln, when I had explained my plan of setting up my freelance business in Germany, the Arbeitsmigration officer there had told me that such an application will have to be made through the Consulate in Mumbai. Briefly, I have 3 clients (one German), enough money in the bank and have worked and lived in Germany for 2.5 years (till this April)

The visa officer I talked to suggested I talk to her 'officer' (I presume she means a German consular officer). Any tips or links on official German pages that mention this visa (since the Consulate website does not have it)? I don't understand their not taking the application, it would've probably gone to the the same person I had talked to (since I plan on setting shop in Köln) and all would've been golden. 

Anyhow, your help is much appreciated. Herr von Hellfeld, any inputs? Vielen dank!

S
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Application for self-employed freelance visa in Mumbai
Answer
10/8/14 2:02 PM as a reply to Satyen S.
Hi,

I do not know where to start and honestly, I have not the time to explain everything in detail. But as you ask me in this very polite way, I will give you some short information and a useful link.

First of all, there are differences between a 'freelancer' (Freiberufler) and a selfdepent (Selbständiger). None of them can apply for a visa/work permit outside Germany. If someone has already a work permit (f.e. a Blue Card) and he is in Germany, he can apply for changing the status from dependent  (employee) to selfdependent. Which is not very complecated if one has spend some time in Germany already.

You are talking about a shop!? This is something completely different, because there is no lack of shops in Germany. Remember, the Blue Card is set up for high qualified experts, who are needed in Germany, therefore Germany shows some possibilities to get a permit.

If you want to set up your own company/shop or whatever, Germany wants you to proof that you invest some money and additionally they want to believe that your business concept is of some benefit for Germany.

Here is a link where you can figure out all important information:

http://www.gtai.de/GTAI/

I
f you want to work as a freelancer in a Blue Card job, you can start with an Umbrella Company (trust7 offers such service) and change to the right status later.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3