Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Convert to Dependent visa

Toggle
Convert to Dependent visa
Answer
10/7/14 5:37 PM
Hi,

If I go to germany on a job seeker visa from India, can I later get that converted into a dependent visa in Germany itself. Will this be possible?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Convert to Dependent visa
Answer
10/7/14 6:38 PM as a reply to nithisha.
If you know whom your dependent is then why are you not applying for dependent visa.  Are you going to Germany to look for a dependent or look for a job? do you hope to find a dependent within 6 months in Germany?

Please dont screw up the job seeker visa for many deserving job seekers later on.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/8/14 9:53 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
I know who my dependent is,but because it will take time to get the dependent visa immediately after marriage, can I use the job seeker visa to go to Germany and then get it converted to dependent visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/14 10:20 AM as a reply to nithisha.
Heard the stories of conversion from job seeker visa to work permit or blue card but not your case. Why don't you ask your husband/partner to get this information form Foreign office by posting a general query?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/14 10:59 AM as a reply to nithisha.
nithisha:
I know who my dependent is,but because it will take time to get the dependent visa immediately after marriage, can I use the job seeker visa to go to Germany and then get it converted to dependent visa.

So people started to misuse the "job seekers" visa. If you want a visa immediately after marriage better choose a different countray (say USA) and don't misuse the "job seekers" visa. As said by others in this forum, leave it for genuine candidates.

Once the authorities get to know more people misusing the "job seekers" visa they will introduce more controls for both the dependent and job seekers visa. And the process will be more complicated for the future applicants.

The reason why the dependent visa takes a lot more time is just because of people like you missusing it(/fraud) earlier. 5 years before it was much easier to get a dependent visa within 2 weeks.

by the way a job seekers visa cannot be converted to dependent visa in Germany. You need to travel to India and apply freshly for the dependet visa. Unless you are married after you secure the job seekers visa.

-cgw
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/14 12:35 PM as a reply to nithisha.
nithisha:
If you are already married, they will ask why you are applying for job search visa.. If you suppress this fact apply and later on your spouse visa application will be rejected and even you can be deported.

If they realise that you are not a genuine job seeker, you will face more music.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/8/14 2:52 PM as a reply to nithisha.
Everybody understands the wish and the criticality of Joining the spouse after Marriage and it is Natural and welcomed.

You may think that we are ruining Your Joy. But it is the better medicine, yet a bitter one for now. Nobody here is doubting Your genuine wish. But only the approach You are trying to choose.

And most of us have crossed that stage in life here and do know that how hard it is to be.

Your wish is a geniuine one, however do not choose a short cut, which has the potential to cut short Your journey to Germany rather inadverdently.

Yes, needless to say that, it will take some time to join the spouse in Germany. However that is the price one will have to pay, if one wishes to join the spouse in Germany (Due to some over ambitious fraudsters).

If You wish to make that Application processing time a shorter one, then concentrate on Your documents. (Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport, Your Spouse's German documents like Permit, Job Contract, Pay slips, Apartment Rental Contract, Health Insurance, etc).

You are languishing about the long processing times due to somebody's misuse. And You are about to turn into some of them by choosing to go with the Job seekers Visa. Think.

On a Side Note: Job Seekers Visa is hard to come by. One without a genuine desire and qualifications and plans to make it in Germany will never be able to get past that Visa checks. And if You choose this and fail, then when You apply for Family Reunion, Your application has the chance to get significant scrutiny and unwanted consequences.

BR,
U
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3