Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Name change

Toggle
Name change
Answer
6/14/05 12:29 AM
Hi!

I am GC and I should apply for NE in the very next months. Unfortunately, I have divorced (in my country) and take my name before the marriage. I still have a valid pass with the name I had during my marriage. I have heard that name change recognition is very difficult here in Germany.

Does anyone have any idea what is better? To try to overcome all the difficulties involved by the name changing before applying for NE, or should I postpone after I eventually get it? In my country I am not out of the law as long my old identity papers expire? Am I here if I apply with my previous name (for which I own a valid pass?).

Should I address the AB, or they would love to put me in an impossible situation?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Name change
Answer
6/14/05 4:45 PM as a reply to Chris Mvirt.
The best way is to put this question in the forum www.info4alien.de or look there, whether somebody has already discussed similar question.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott