Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Family Reunion Visa

Toggle
German Family Reunion Visa
Answer
10/6/14 1:19 PM
Hello All,

I am currently on blue card visa in Germany and would be getting married in December 2014. I would like to bring my wife to Germany along with me in January 2015. We would be applying for Family Reunion Visa from New Delhi, however, given the long processing time - can we apply for tourist visa for her till she gets the approval for the family reunion visa and then she can return to New Delhi to get family reunion visa stamped on her passport.
If you have other suggestions, please do let me know. We would like to return to Germany together in January 2015.

Thanks 
Biyonko
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Family Reunion Visa
Answer
10/6/14 4:04 PM as a reply to Biyonko Banerjee.
U cannot have 2 different visa application at any time. One or both of them would be cancelled.

Looking at your time lines, bring ur wife on tourist visa, since I am sure you would like to be with our wife immediately after marriage.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/7/14 3:00 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thank for your quick reponses.

I agree that I would like to have my wife with me however I think I would just have her come with the Reunion visa.

What I am unable to understand is that just like my Blue Card - I have arrive in Germany, find myself a house, get medical insurance and all the other things and that is when I get my blue card.

Why cant the spouse be given an interim visa pending the approval of the family reunion visa?

Not something I expect an answer to but may be something for the autohorities to think about.

Again - Thank You very much for your responses.

Regards
Biyonko
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/7/14 5:00 PM as a reply to Biyonko Banerjee.
biyonko:
Thank for your quick reponses.

I agree that I would like to have my wife with me however I think I would just have her come with the Reunion visa.

What I am unable to understand is that just like my Blue Card - I have arrive in Germany, find myself a house, get medical insurance and all the other things and that is when I get my blue card.

Why cant the spouse be given an interim visa pending the approval of the family reunion visa?

Applicants from India and some other special nations, need to be outside Germany to apply for residence permit and hence you cannot hold a tourist visa during this period or remain in Germany.

Not something I expect an answer to but may be something for the autohorities to think about.

Spouse visa thingy used to be granted in 1 day more than 10-15 years ago and you didnt have to do this bridging visa. The reason why it is taking more time, certificates issued by Indian govt. cannot be taken at face value because there is so much of fraud and corruption. Something which Indian authorities have to think about how to maintain civil records of their citizens which can be verified quickly.

Again - Thank You very much for your responses.

OR U can fly down to India now, have a court marriage and apply for spouse visa for your wife and hope that the approval comes before marriage.

Regards
Biyonko
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3