Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Should i ask the foreign office to remove my Employer Name

Toggle
Hi 

I have a blue card and i have completed 2 years of working in Germany, now should i visit the foreign office and ask them to remove my Employer name and make it as a open visa,

Or this happens by default.

Thanks
Gopi
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Should i ask the foreign office to remove my Employer Name
Answer
10/2/14 7:34 PM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
Hi,

there is no need to do it, because after 2 years (as you already guessed) you can change the employer without any problem and without asking the foreigner office for a permission.

Detlef

'During the first two years of employment, each change of workplace requires the approval of the foreigners authority (Section 19a, sub-section 4 of the German Residence Act). This approval is subject to the same preconditions as the initial approval. If the minimum gross salary threshold has been raised during the intervening period, the applicant must provide proof that his or her new salary meets the threshold. Holders of an EU Blue Card must inform the competent foreigners authority if the employment relationship for which the EU Blue Card was issued is terminated prematurely.'
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/7/14 3:04 PM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
Hi Gopi,
It's better to have it changed on the card. I did change mine. It's better if you are looking for another job or going to change the current one. Otherwise, there is no point doing it.
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/7/14 5:03 PM as a reply to robin Starc.
@Gopi

With the blue card and you being skilled, you can always get approval for employer change. After 33 months or before that you can apply for permanent permit.

If you want to apply for McD or some unskilled jobs or hourly rate jobs then you need to remove the employer from the card.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/14 9:10 AM as a reply to robin Starc.
@Spock,

Thanks for the update, and any idea how you did it,

@Cebit:

Thanks for your information.

Gopi
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124