Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

German Citizenship Law

Toggle
German Citizenship Law
Answer
10/2/14 1:20 AM
Is there a law in Germany that says a person (non-EU citizen) who has applied for German citizenship should not travel abroad, especially to their home country, while the application process is still on-going?

I've heard of a few cases in the US where a person who had applied for American citizenship was denied entry in the US at the immigration when returning back after visiting their family in their native country. 

I was wondering if anyone has heard of similar cases in Germany. I would appreciate any info in this regard as I've myself applied for a German citizenship and I'm planning on visiting my family next week. I want to be sure that I won't have any problem at the immigration when coming back to Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Citizenship Law
Answer
10/2/14 9:26 AM as a reply to Yoh.
Hi..as long as you have the valid visa, you can travel with no problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/2/14 10:46 AM as a reply to pavan k.
pavande:
Hi..as long as you have the valid visa, you can travel with no problem.

Thanks! My visa is valid until March next year.

I also think I should have no problem traveling. However, I would like to know if there is a law or a rule in Germany that says if a person who has applied for citizenship travels to their home country, their citizenship application will be cancelled, or that they will not be allowed back into the country.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/14 11:22 AM as a reply to Yoh.
Isnt Niederlassungserlaubnis (permanent residency) a minimum condition for even being considered for the German citizenship? Did you apply for the citizenship without having the Niederlassungserlaubnis?
Best
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/14 1:54 PM as a reply to Yoh.
[quote=]Thanks! My visa is valid until March next year.

I also think I should have no problem traveling. However, I would like to know if there is a law or a rule in Germany that says if a person who has applied for citizenship travels to their home country, their citizenship application will be cancelled, or that they will not be allowed back into the country.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

No it doesn't affect in any way your Naturalization application. I did that. By the time of application you should have completed the required number of years of Residence in Germany. So you can visit after applying for Citizenship and moreover visit is not considered as a break in continuous residence. Don't compare with other countries' rules. Germany has logical rules and is fair. So dont worry emoticon

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18