Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Having a baby in Germany / India

Toggle
Having a baby in Germany / India
Answer
3/22/12 5:55 PM
Hi,
I have been in Germany from December 2007 and my Wife is here since Febrauary 2011. We are expecting our baby in October this year. We are interested in having the baby delivered in India and bring him/her after 6/7 months.
But this would mean my Wife if away from Germany for more than 6 months, hence she would have to go through the Visa proceedings all over again.
How difficult would it be to get the Visa for a 6/7 month old child…?

What exactly could be the advantages of having the baby born in Germany.
Thanks All
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Having a baby in Germany / India
Answer
3/23/12 12:40 PM as a reply to hari krishnan.
Hi,

If the baby is born in India then you got to apply for his/her visa to bring him/her to Germany. If I were you then I would really avoid that. I know from a freind of mine for whom it took 2-3 months plus tracking of papers in ABH plus visiting embassy in India. Its just extra stress for no reason.

And in case you still decide to go for it then at least think about 6/7 months, will it make a difference it it is 5 months and 28 days?

Is your wife working? Because if she is then I do not think that she would receive Mutterschaftgeld till the time baby is in India and also not Kindergeld.

I know that it is really good if baby is born in India as your wife will have full support of parents/relatives, especially during winters.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/12 4:21 PM as a reply to hari krishnan.
You can take special permission frmo the Ausländerbehörde. It is usually no problem at all.

However, I would also recommend having baby here. Also because the insurance would cover all costs of treatment and delivery here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/26/12 6:11 PM as a reply to hari krishnan.
Hi @Tonygill and @supersid

Thanks a lot for views, still have some queries.
Actually my Wife is not working so no issue of Mutterschaftgeld.
I had been intially thinking of less than 6months so that my Wife dont have to go through the Visa process again.
But i realise that i would have to take my baby back to India during the 5th or 6th month for the first food ceremony which usually is done in a temple. So it would be better that my Wife stays back till then.

If we would think of having the baby in Germany would it possible to get some help
to take care of the baby, i mean on how to bath the baby etc. during the Initial months..

Do i need a kinderzimmer right away ..actually the house i live in now is about 60m2 but with
just one bedroom.

In your reply @Tonygill you mentioned about your friend who had his baby in India, some queries
How is it about getting the Passport for the baby, can i apply for it right away after birth ?
Do i have to take the baby to the Consulate when applying for the Visa..? How long could it take to
get a Visa when my Wife and baby would apply together.
Any further Info regaring this would be helpful.

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/26/12 6:41 PM as a reply to hari krishnan.
hn,

my personal experience is you cannot follow what is being followed in India before and after the Baby is born.

You seemed to be confused !! So, if you decide to have your Baby here in Germany and if you want your life to be easy, then you simply have to forego those styles or the other way is to retain the tradition and have your Baby in India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/28/12 5:31 PM as a reply to hari krishnan.
Hello hn1980,

Here is my personal experience back in 2008:

Me and my wife had our baby delivered in India. Got my baby's passport done within a week under express passport option - costs only a few cents for a person earning in EUR :-)

Applied for the visa before my journey back to Germany. Processing took a bit time (around 8 weeks or so) and involved couple of visits to local authorities in Germany for status updates. But that wasn't a problem as we didn't want our baby to undergo a long haul before 3M. All in all visa processing was never a headache for us.

True that if you get your baby delivered here, your insurance would cover everything. But finally, it boils down to your own perspective. It's a choice between EUR and your baby + the comfort of your wife (where she feels more secured?). For us, the choice was clear.

HTH.

cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Having a baby in Germany / India
Answer
7/8/12 9:55 PM as a reply to Roger Federer.
Hi!

me and my wife are both German citizens.
My wife is planning to deliver the baby in India and therefore I would like to know the dos and donts.
Do we have to inform the local German embassy in India or our rathaus in Germany prior to delivery?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards, Rohit
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3