Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German family reunion visa

Toggle
German family reunion visa
visa family visa employment visa dependent visa germany work permit dependent visa in parallel family reunion visa germany spouse visa apply visa together
Answer
9/30/14 4:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am Indian national and quite new to this forum. Recently I returned back from Poland and there I used to work with IBM and my wife was also accompanied me while stay in Poland. My question is here, I received a job offer from one Berlin based IT company. I am in process to apply work(Blue card) visa for Germany.

This time I also want to take my wife along with me. But just went though the procedure for the  German family reunion visa here in india, which is quite complicated to us!

So would like to ask, she still holds the valid Polish national visa, it mean she can travel to the any schengen state for 3 months. Is it possible, if she will travel to the Germany on same visa and there we will apply for her depended visa while be in Germany!

Will  really appreciate for reply

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German family reunion visa
Answer
9/29/14 4:24 PM as a reply to Simer.
Spouse visa topic has been extensively discussed here. Search t7.

She has to apply from outside Germany. It is better from India, so that marriage verification kicks off faster.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/14 4:25 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks for reply Cebit,

i already went through some of the same forum topics. But i am finding myself bit in different situation!
First of all, my wife go her Polish depended visa because of same marriage certificate(which has been already Apostille), Do you think she will get any advantage because of another EU state already granted visa on same grounds! or this is their regular procedure to verify this marriage certificate and other docs everytime!

I still remember my communication with German Embassy in Warsaw, and they that time they said to me, you wife needs only an insurance and a marriage certificate, we can give her visa even in a single day!

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/14 5:54 PM as a reply to Simer.
there are two applications here: residence permit (RP) and visa application.
RP will be decided by foreigners office(ABH) in Berlin and visa will granted after RP approval. Embassy will only forward the RP application with some file notings. 

fraudulent certificates from Desh can also be apostilled. This has no value. ABH does not ask for apostille but for marriage verification.  When go to Berlin you can speak to ABH.   

Warsaw embassy rarely gets applications in your situation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/14 6:18 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Many thanks again for reply and sharing this information.

But do you still think, if she will travel to warsaw and apply the same visa there in warsaw, will be bit faster in procedure!

And today i also contacted with the German embassy in new delshi and asked the same, what if she will travel to germany first and then apply this depended visa while be there. but this sent very tricky answer to my question! here is there email reply:

"
Thank you for your Mail. Please be informed that your wife has to apply for her dependant visa from her current
place of residence which would be from here."

So from current place of residence could be change, if she will be in berlin!

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/14 9:28 PM as a reply to Simer.
If you have already relocated to India, Polish RP is invalid for your wife. Your wife has to apply from Desh.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/14 10:29 AM as a reply to Simer.
sim:
Many thanks again for reply and sharing this information.

But do you still think, if she will travel to warsaw and apply the same visa there in warsaw, will be bit faster in procedure!
After relocating to India, your and yours spouse's visa lost its validity. So no option of applying in Poland

And today i also contacted with the German embassy in new delshi and asked the same, what if she will travel to germany first and then apply this depended visa while be there. but this sent very tricky answer to my question! here is there email reply:

"
Thank you for your Mail. Please be informed that your wife has to apply for her dependant visa from her current
place of residence which would be from here."

They have given you a straight forward answer which you couldnot understand. First get the meaning of  "place of residence".

So from current place of residence could be change, if she will be in berlin!

If you move to berlin, and she joins you in Berlin based on the Poland Permit, which is illegal, she will be visitor to Berlin and not a resident.

So stop beating around the bushes for the shortcuts to obtain the spouse visa. Search the trust7, you will find the answers to every type of case.

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/14 12:53 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
Thanks coolguyinwuppertal for your reply!

May I ask, one quick question here, how amendment to present birth certificate while applying dependent visa! Because earlier 1989, it was not compulsory to registered birth or death with authorities or simple affidavit works somehow!
On same issue, I tried to contact with the German embassy here in new Delhi, and insist them, we can present other valid documents, Voter card, Matriculation certificate, Social Security card or even Passport as a proof of Birth, but wondering they only stuck to see the Birth Certificate, which is another challenge to get from the authorities while dig into the records!

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/14 3:13 PM as a reply to Simer.
Sim, it’s not a big deal to get birth certificate these days. Just provide correct information where you or your wife have born with time and they will provide by checking records. I did apply recently and got it. I never had one earlier. Though the online system is available from 1986 in India, we can still get records from hospital for the years before that.Do not waste time. If authorities struck with one or several documents they make sure you have it or do not get required visa for that matter. It may look scary however in 1 to 2 weeks you will get birth certificate. Give it a try.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/14 4:26 PM as a reply to hprj.
May thanks hprj for reply,

Yes you right, rather then wasting  time to explaing about other DOB document, its better to do some labour with the local authorities! and hope she will get her certificate without any hurdale!

Thanks again
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/14 11:34 AM as a reply to Simer.

Hi hprj,

May i ask one another question here, i
checked with German consulate, new Delhi and they said you can apply
your spouse’s dependent visa along with your application! just want to
know, is it recommended to apply both application same time!

Many thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/14 1:13 PM as a reply to Simer.
sim

U r just posting questions without searching the forum. Please understand that all of us are volunteers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/14 2:01 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.

I know cebit, everyone or we all are volunteers here ! and i did request here but didn’t force anyone to give answers to my questions!

anyhow, last night i searched through the forum even on other sources as well, but didn't get answer to my question and that’s i wrote my query here!
sorry,if i did something wrong!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/14 2:53 PM as a reply to Simer.
Hi,

Cebit is right and he is one of our most important supporters here, but nevertheless, sometimes it is not easy to find the right answer.

Here it comes...

Yes, it is possible to apply for your spouse too. You just have to write it into the application form where they ask you if you will travel with or without family.

And yes, I strongly recommend to apply together, even if you do not take your spouse from the first day and let her/him follow you a couple of month later!

Good luck

Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/1/14 5:48 PM as a reply to trust7.

Hi Detlef

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes I do thankful to cebit for his previous comments and replies, no doubt those were really helpful!
But thanks to you as well, now its very much possible, we both will apply for German visa at same time.

Being Humble, may i request, one last piece of information, as i am eligible for blue card visa and because of that my wife doesn't need to proof her German language skills.
I got eligible salary offer and i do have Masterlevel university degree, so proving my degree to the German standard only level status from  http://anabin.kmk.org  is enough or there is something else which i have go through.

Many thanks in advance

sim
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/14 7:24 PM as a reply to Simer.
If your University is listed at ANABIN it is enough!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/14 7:52 PM as a reply to trust7.
Many thanks again Detlef.

It was so kind of you emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/9/14 12:37 AM as a reply to trust7.
dear sir
I applied for german spouse visa from islamabad at german embassy 2 months ago and also 3 weeks ago an officer came from islamabad and visted me at home and verified all my documents along my marriage certificate. so how long will it take to get visa in hand ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/31/14 1:40 AM as a reply to alinayle51 hashimi.
they will take 3 months minimum. If documents are not clear they will take more time. for example, if marriage is not registered in germany on time. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott