Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

family reunion visa for kid

Toggle
family reunion visa for kid
Answer
9/20/14 1:43 PM
Hi, I had my visa interview last week and all seemed to be alrite. After a week I received a call from the visa officer saying that my daughter's birth certificate has my name as '<name> <husband's surname>'. My all documents and our passports have my name as '<name> <maiden surname>'. I did not change my name after my marriage.
But somehow my daughter's birth certificate has my husbands surname attached to my name.
It seems the birth certificate cannot be changed now.

In this case will an affidavit feom me saying that both the people are same suffice? Or should I create a gazette? Will it be accepted by the german embassy?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: family reunion visa for kid
Answer
9/22/14 9:22 AM as a reply to suj kini.
This is a very peculiar situation.

Try to change the Birth Certificate, as that is the best possible solution. This will help prevent other problems from arising once You are in Germany.

If You are going for other alternatives, then the consequences are:
  • You have already filed Your Visa application with the Original Name (Name, Your Maiden Surname). At this point, If You change Your name and do everything, it is going to be a complex situation.
  • I am sure, Your husband might have given Your name and Childs name as per Your Passport (Name and Maiden Surname) to the AUslanderamt, when he applied for his Blue card or Residence Permit.
Best way is to convince Indian Office, where the Birth Certificate was issued and get it changed.

BR,
Uday
0 (0 Votes)

RE: family reunion visa for kid
Answer
9/22/14 7:30 PM as a reply to suj kini.
skmumbai:
Hi, I had my visa interview last week and all seemed to be alrite. After a week I received a call from the visa officer saying that my daughter's birth certificate has my name as '<name> <husband's surname>'. My all documents and our passports have my name as '<name> <maiden surname>'. I did not change my name after my marriage.
But somehow my daughter's birth certificate has my husbands surname attached to my name.
It seems the birth certificate cannot be changed now.

In this case will an affidavit feom me saying that both the people are same suffice? Or should I create a gazette? Will it be accepted by the german embassy?

these are jugaad solutions, which do not work in Germany. You will have to prepare BC afresh with your family name changed. As per German law, it looks like spouse visa applicant and mother of the child as per BC are different. The consulate has made this noting in the file forwarded to Germany. Once the BC is rectified, inform the German embassy and the foreigners office.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott