Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Residence Permit for "to be spouse" of a blue card holder

Toggle
Dear all,

Heres a brief overview of my situation:
My fiancee, who I will be marrying soon, is working in Germany with a recently acquired blue card. I am a holder of a US passport and think of relocating to Germany if we can solve the residency work permit issue. I understand that the blue card posseses advantages such as the spouse not needing to enter language test, giving the right of work permit

I would be very grateful if you can answer my questions below:

- We will be marrying after my fiancee received a blue card. Does this create additional issues? I have read some comments mentioning if marriage takes place after the person has received blue card, then the person with blue card has to be working several years before the spouse can make use of residence with work permit?

- I am currently residing in Turkey. I know US citizens do not need a visa for stays up to 90 days in Germany. In this case what do you think is the most practical way of going about the process for family reunification. Should I apply from a german consulate here, or wait till I enter Germany and start the process there. 

- If the case is that I can benefit from the blue card immediatly, approximatly how long after application do I gain a right to residence and work permit?

- Does the length of my permit depend on the date of expiry of my fiancee's blue card? 

Thank you for your help. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Residence Permit for "to be spouse" of a blue card holder
Answer
9/19/14 7:19 PM as a reply to Kerem.
I also want to state that my fiancee has been working in germany for 4 years. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Residence Permit for "to be spouse" of a blue card holder
Answer
9/21/14 11:57 AM as a reply to Kerem.
As a US passport holder life is much easy for you...You dont need German language anyway because of your passport...You can enter Germany and apply for your residence permit...

Your fiancee should have adequate means of living etc etc
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18