Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NationalVisa has got rejected because I applied for BusinessVISA parallely

Toggle
Dear Trust7 Team,

This is Saroja. I had applied for the workpermit to Germany on 23rd May 2014 as I have a offer from the German Company.

In the mean time, My current company wanted me to travel to Germany on Business Visa. So applied for Business VISA on 23rd Jul 2014, as I was still waiting for my National VISA.

on 24th Jul I got a mail from German consulate saying the decision has been taken by German Consulate. When I went to the German consulate in bangalore with the passport, got to know that, My National Visa has got rejected because I had applied for Business VISA in Chennai.

My current company is based in Hyderbad and we always submit the documents to VFS in Hyderbad which will be sent to Chennai. I had consulted the German consulates over phone and they confirmed that, I can apply for Business VISA as both the VISA are independent.

But my both National Visa and Business Visa has got rejected and when I asked what should I do now, they asked me to write the appeal letter explaining the reason.

I have given the detailed appeal letter to the Bangalore Consulate and they said it might take 1 to 6 weeks and they have returned all the documents.

Its been 7 weeks now, but still no response from the consulates.  I had tried to reach them many times and they say we will call you but still no response.

My German firma is asking when will I join the company. They are ready to help me in all the ways.

Can any one suggest what should i do now, as i do not even know, if they are processing my appeal letter or not.

Seeking suggestions, Pls help.

Thanks,
Saroja
0 (0 Votes)

RE: NationalVisa has got rejected because I applied for BusinessVISA parall
Answer
9/19/14 10:33 AM as a reply to saroja Eshwarappa.
Hi,

tell your German employer (future) to contact their local foreigner office to make a preaproval of your contract.

This preaproval should be mailed to the German Consulate in charge of your case.

This should help!

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Thanks for the information Detlef. It in deed gave some light in the dark room. I am waiting for the VISA since 5 months with offer in hand.

Is there any email Id of German Consulate in Munich, so that I can ask my German company to send the contract for pre-approval?

Thanks a lot,
Saroja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/14 11:40 AM as a reply to saroja Eshwarappa.
Hi Detlef,

My German company spoke to the Consulate in Munich and they say that, we have to follow it up with Bangalore Consulate.

Since I applied for National VISA in Bangalore and Business VISA in Chennai, they want us to contact the Bangalore Consulate.

I have explained very clearly in my appeal letter that, I live in Bangalore but work for a Hyderabad Company. My German company is aware of this fact as the Hyderabad company which I am working for is the Offshore Indian company of the German Company.

We do not have German Consulate office in Hyderabad. We always apply for Business VISA in VFS hyderabad, which will be sent to Chennai.

Thanks,
Saroja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/14 1:34 PM as a reply to saroja Eshwarappa.
Hi Saroja,

Sorry to hear the news. Unfortunately over smartness can harm us sometimes. If you can go through old threads, it has been told that one has to cancel his/her existing visa if the purpose varies.  Because business visa is meant for short term and for meetings or short KT sessions. On the other side, employment visa allows you to work and stay as a resident. One cannot have both at the same in most of EU countries. Your statement is true for USA but not to here. I personally cancelled my BV and got WP. Having said all these, stick to one goal now. You can either re-apply for BV or WP. Take appropriate decision. Influence from your employer may not have benefits as decision for both visas have been already taken care by consulate in your case. Moreover, it does not matter where you apply for different visas, end of the day it’s for one country and they maintain one database rather than multiple. Hope you know all these as a SE.

Good luck with your fresh application/appeal.

Regards,
HPRJ.
0 (0 Votes)

Thanks HPRJ,

Actually I was thinking WV will take 3 to 4 months and since we had important meeting, I applied for BV.

But what you said is true. But I had consulted the Consulates before applying for BV. But the result is both the visas got rejected emoticon

My German company is still trying to speak to German Consulate in Bangalore. If there is no improvement then I will freshly apply for WP emoticon

Thanks,
Saroja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/14 1:33 PM as a reply to saroja Eshwarappa.
Hi Cebit and HPRJ,

Today I visited the German Consulate in Bangalore and spoke to the team.

They said me that appeal letter has not been processed and Hence they asked me to submit the new application.

They also said me that, If I receive the ZAV approval, the VISA processing will just take 3 to 5 days.

I will ask my German Company to help me with getting the ZAV approval and then I will reapply for the National VISA.

Thanks,
Saroja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/14 3:22 PM as a reply to saroja Eshwarappa.
I never heard that the appeal has been processed successfully so far. Last time I did not want to discourage you and hence never mentioned about your application but gave a small hint to apply for a fresh application. Now things are clear. All the very best. Thanks for the update though.
0 (0 Votes)

Hi Cebit and Hprj,

My German Company had sent a mail to ZAV and the response from them is as follows.

"fuer die Beschaeftigung der auslaendischen Arbeitnehmerin in Ihrem Unternehmen als ********* is eine Zustimmung  der Bundesagentur fuer Arbeit nicht erforderlich. Nach den mir von Ihnen vorgelegten Informationen (Hochschulabschluesse) handelt es sich um eine zustimmungsfreie Beschaeftigung nach 2 Abs. 1. Nr.2.a  Beschaeftigungsverordung."

But the Bangalore German Consulate says that, If I get an approval from ZAV, the process gets faster.

Hence I am going to submit my application tomorrow in Bangalore German Consulate office. Pls suggest me will the process again takes 3 months, As I am attaching the letter from ZAV.

I do not want to make any small mistakes again. Pls suggest.

Thanks,
Saroja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/14 4:24 PM as a reply to saroja Eshwarappa.
did you read my article?

http://www.trust7.com/blog/-/blogs/work-permit-prior-approval

A
pply at the Consulate and ask your future employer to contact the local foreigner office for the pre approval (Vorabzustimmung) at the same time.

The foreigner office will fax it to Bangalore.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/14 4:10 PM as a reply to saroja Eshwarappa.
It’s good news Saroja. For your role there is no approval required and this becomes automatically go ahead from ZAV. We cannot comment on time lines but can say that after seeing this letter for sure it would not take much time for the consulate to process your application. Hopefully you should be able to get final go within short time. Wish you good luck once again.
0 (0 Votes)

Thanks hprj and Cebit,

I received my VISA in 34 days since I had given the ZAV letter.

Good news is that, my husbands dependent VISA is also approved and he also received the VISA on the same day.

Thanks for all the help.

TRUST7 really rocks...

Thanks,
Saroja
+1 (1 Vote)

trust7:
did you read my article?

http://www.trust7.com/blog/-/blogs/work-permit-prior-approval

A
pply at the Consulate and ask your future employer to contact the local foreigner office for the pre approval (Vorabzustimmung) at the same time.

The foreigner office will fax it to Bangalore.

Good luck

Detlef
I hate to bump this thread up again, but what you are basically saying is that as long as I have asked my employers to acquire pre-approval from ZAV I can go ahead and apply for the national visa since the local foreign office will fax the pre-approval letter to the consulate anyway? Or is it better to receive the original letter of pre-approval before submitting it with the rest of my documents at the consulate? 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott