Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

new passport

Toggle
new passport
Answer
1/6/05 2:21 PM
I am getting a new passport (because the one I have is getting expired in next couple of months). What can I expect at the ABH, will they extend the stay permit (I still have more than 1 year on it)?

Also I am trying to judge whether to do so before or after signing a contract with the new firma. I will have unlimited contract in both cases. But the new firma will pay less.

any suggestions guys.

sun
0 (0 Votes)

Re: new passport
Answer
1/6/05 4:41 PM as a reply to sun gc.
Hallo sun,

As MH suggested you, you are in a better situation, because there is nothing written that you must have an unbefristet vertrag.

Now, as you change your passport, you dont need any appointment with Beamter(in). Just go ABH and ask them to "Übertragung der Visum" to the new passport. You should be there with the old one as well. So, they will cancel the old one and paste(a copy of the old one) to new passport with a stamp of Übertragung and will take a small Gebühr von € 8 or 12. I dont remember exact or this may vary.

Hope, this info helps, as I have gone thru.

GC
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 5:21 PM as a reply to sun gc.
Thanks A.T.

Your information does help. I asked the question because I didn't know if they had "Übertragung der Visum". I was concerned that they might give new visum and then I would lose all the previlages of pre 01.01.05 GC holder.

sun
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 6:14 PM as a reply to sun gc.
One more thing.

I hate to be picky, but it's better that everyone uses the terms "residence permit", "residence title", or so on. Visa, visum and even unlimited Visa are terms of a Temporary nature (for visiting and so on) and so are they understood by the officers.

regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/05 8:09 PM as a reply to sun gc.
It is strange.
In my case, the visum only valid to 3 months before my passport expired.
I asked ABH that time and she said it isn't possible to get visum longer that passport validity. In this case, I will get a new visum once I get a new passport.
did anybody has the same experience with me?
thanks.

ciao
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/05 9:00 PM as a reply to sun gc.
yes, me too. i was told the same thing in ABH 3 years ago.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/05 12:38 PM as a reply to sun gc.
hello

Mine is going to be invalid 2006 June, How about yours?
Anybody has experience with the process? If after I get a new passport, what kind of visum will I get? The rest period of my GC visum or the new law is applied?
thanks.

ciao
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/05 1:03 PM as a reply to sun gc.
i dont know either. my passport is going to be expired Jan next year. the officer in ABH told me three years ago, once i renew my passport, i can get my visa extended at any time in ABH. really not sure if the rule's been changed or not over past 3 yeras. If any one of you knows the procedure, pls post the information here. thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/05 12:35 PM as a reply to sun gc.
Hi all

Bsss, comming back to work. Not nice monday! (but I accept could be worse without job)

Well, I have a lot of experience in this thema.

All this happened with old law, but I think with new will be no difference. I have to renew my passport on october 2004 but my Aufenthaltserlaubnis was expeded till december 2004 (teoretically, the visum must expire the same day than your passport, but you know the Beamter isn´t it?)

When I have my pass renewed, I went to ABH. They made me the "Übertragung" of my Aufenthaltserlaubnis because they said me first when I asked, they will extend my visum until the expiration of my 5 years, but later told me it was no possible to extend/change the visum till two weeks before the expiration date. This costed 8 euro and they asked me to go back two weeks before the expiration day.

That was on october. In december, I went again and this time ABH maintained their word and they gave me the rest of my GC time. This time costed 25 euro (kids pay 50%).

Good Luck!

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/05 2:07 PM as a reply to sun gc.
Thanks, YO, the information you provided is really helpful. BTW, could you please also tell us what documents you have brought to ABH to renew your "Aufenthaltserlaubnis"?

Best regards
mmtt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/05 2:44 PM as a reply to sun gc.
My experience with this topic was as follows:
- My pass was going to expire in Oct 2003.
- My Aufenhaltserlaubnis was going to expire in July 2002.
- I was supposed to get a 2 years renewal.
- AB gave the new Aufenhaltserlaubnis til July 2003 (pass expiry date - 3 months).
- I got a new pass and went to AB in Dec 2002, they put a copy of the existing Aufenhaltserlaubnis in the pass with the same expiry date. They said they can't extend it very long before the expiry date (max 3 months before).
- in June 2003 I got 2 years extension.

P.S: I don't have GC.

W.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/05 3:01 PM as a reply to sun gc.
Well mmtt, I tell you.

I think normally they request:

1- Arbeitsvertrag
2- Mietvertrag
3- 3 last payslips