Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012

Toggle
Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Sanjay R 12/24/11 6:04 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Super Sid 12/24/11 8:04 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Sanjay R 12/24/11 11:17 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Lee Rosy 12/25/11 1:44 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Sanjay R 12/25/11 10:03 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Super Sid 12/26/11 6:06 AM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Sanjay R 12/26/11 8:18 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Super Sid 12/27/11 7:38 AM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 vijay raud 12/27/11 11:24 AM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Sanjay R 12/27/11 5:43 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Super Sid 12/28/11 9:34 AM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Super Sid 12/28/11 9:54 AM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 vijay raud 12/28/11 12:07 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 salli Samy 12/28/11 1:23 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Sanjay R 12/28/11 5:10 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Super Sid 12/28/11 5:15 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 vijay raud 12/28/11 7:05 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 salli Samy 12/28/11 7:32 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Super Sid 12/28/11 8:40 PM
Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012 Tony Gill 1/2/12 12:16 PM
Hi All,
I have completed Masters in Analog IC design and seeking opportunities in this field.

1. Could someone please let me know the average starting salry for new graduate in Germany who does Analog IC design?

Regards
Ra
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Average salary of a new graduate in the year 2012
Answer
12/24/11 8:04 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
Joining companies like Siemens, Infineon, etc you could get 55K
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/24/11 11:17 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
Hi,

Thanks for the info..But on comparison with UK it seems the salary is on the upperside..In UK the salary comes around 25-32K for graduates. Could you let me know what could be the reason behind this difference?

Regards,
Ra
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/25/11 1:44 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
I have also experienced similar difference. I am working in IT and not I get 60K. Similar roles from UK comes to me by headhunters which are 40-45K.

Hence I decline those UK offers all the time. It could be that the UK people are still living in the planet where they assume that pound is 2 times of euroemoticon
Frankly - UK is on the down side and that could be one reason.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/25/11 10:03 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
Hi,

It's so interesting..What I had in mind that UK companies offer more than anywhere else in EU. But it seems that German companies are much more generous in giving good offers. If you don't mind may I know the average graduate salary of one in IT industry in Germany?

Thanks,
Ra
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/26/11 6:06 AM as a reply to Sanjay R.
Some input about salaries including IT industry:

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/help_needed/work_permit_and_salary_scale

If someone offers you 50K Pounds in UK, it is about 57K Euros. Additionally, UK has less taxes than Germany. If you dont live in London or Manchesters where rents are high, you already have atleast the same amount like your Germany peers.

Also remember, Germany has traditionally been an engineer/engineering driven economy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/26/11 8:18 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
Hi,
Thank for the input...It was really informative..
May I get some specific links where each industry salary rate is compared for rxperienced as well as non-experienced?

Regards,
Ra
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/27/11 7:38 AM as a reply to Sanjay R.
I dont think it is a good idea just to 'feed' on other peoples input without moving a finger 20tech12.

I recommend you to do some googling yourself....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/27/11 11:24 AM as a reply to Sanjay R.
55K for a new graduate is impossible. It is more reasonable to say about 40-45K even for company like Infineon/siemens.
Unless you work in Muenich but I doubt that as well.

Don't dream man!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/27/11 5:43 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
yeah, done googling stuffs, and getting different info from different people, won't believe em blindly. Still can't figure it out and can't conclude properly.

In some posts it can be seen that in the year 2008-09 itself there was monthly salary around 3500-3700!! so after 3-4 years does that remain same?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 9:34 AM as a reply to Sanjay R.
VP_2004

Its not a dream but a reality. I am in the consulting industry and I started my career in one of these 'big' non-consulting companies like Infineon, Siemens in Munich. And therefore I know what I earned and what I earn now emoticon And I also know for sure that I didnt get any extraordinarily high salaries.

Read this thread where I wrote in detail:
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/help_needed/work_permit_and_salary_scale

Believe me, these salaries are very much normal especially at Infineon, Siemens which follow an IG Metall (a German labour union) tarif system which is relatively transparent.

20tech12

Let me give you an advice. Try for companies like Siemens, Infineon, Lantiq, Freescale, LSI. These dont usually underpay. 55K+ is realistic in Munich area. In other regions outside Bavaria, 50K is realistic (I know from what my colleagues in other regions earned)

Let me also add something, you have a UK degree and these are valued quite well in Germany, atleast equal to the German degrees with the semicon companies. I did come across many with comparable degrees. Additionally, you should ask for some 10K more than what you really aim to get so as to allow for room for negotiation. So in Munich you could ask 65-67K and you would end up between 55-60 +- 2-3K.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 9:54 AM as a reply to Sanjay R.
Here is the IG Metall tariff chart which BIG companies like Infineon follow:

http://www.igmetall.de/cps/rde/xbcr/internet/docs_ig_metall_xcms_26107__2.pdf

In companies following this tarif system salary USUALLY works as following:

Base salary
+
Erfolgsbeteiligung (usually paid out monthly)
+
Urlaubsgeld (once per year)
+
Weihnachtsgeld (once per year)
-------------------
= Total compensation package

EG10b or if you are very lucky EG11a is where you would start so you could get BASE SALARY 3881x12=46572 or 4083x12=48996

+

URLAUBSGELD (kind of vacation money)

approximately 1 x 70% of 1 months base salary (usually paid out once per year) = approx. € 2700 per year

+

Erfolgsbeteiligung (Kind of fixed performance bonus of aproximately 14% of a years salary usually paid out every month) = approx € 6500 per year

SO all in all I come to about 55700 if you start in 10b or 58000 in 11a.

Depending on the how good or bad the company pays, they might try to put you in 10a which would mean some 3000 less. So about 53000.

Please also note that companies also might pay Weihnachtsgeld (Christmas bonus) or might add it into the performance bonus. I have not calculated this in. It is a one time amount usually starts with 25-30% of your monthly salary and goes uptp 60-75% of your one months salary.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 12:07 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
Hi Supersid,

I have started my carrier as a fresh graduate student in one of the company that you have mentioned above in germany long time ago.
These company normally has their own HAUSTARIF group(which in most of the case slightly better than IG metal tarif).

BUT they have a standard:
- fresh graduate (no working experience at all) ONLY start from which class
- PHD graduate fresh - ONLY start from which class
and believe me, I haven't started with 55K salary that time.

The table that you have attached is nice but be aware that fresh graduate is not in the EG13!!!!!!
If I am not mistaken, EG 13 is for person person with degree and working experience more than 8 years in the same field!

Plus im Münich, apartment cost is so expensive that 3-5K different brutto per year I will expect. Otherwise there is no point to work there.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 1:23 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
surprisingly, the IG Metal tarif of EG11 for Hamburg is higher than Bavaria!

Supersid should be lucky to get that pay as a fresh graduate. After my master degree here, I started with around 40K in Hamburg and so most of my friends. Highest was 45K (Munich) and lowest was 36K (Hamburg). This was 5 years back.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 5:10 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
Hi,
Supersid

Thank you very much for this detailed information and also for your suggestion!.

Samind,

I got a Q as if some one can earn 45K , 5 years ago, could that be something around 50-55K currently?

Also I believe everyone is referring to analog VLSI industy!!

Cheers
20tech12
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 5:15 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
VP_2004

Well I didnt write EG 13 for fresh graduate emoticon Bavaria has only upto EG12.

Yes you are right about salaries in Bayern being higher which I mentioned in one of the posts.

Infineon for example uses IG Metall ERA tariff and pays somethings more than IG Metall. Earlier they used IG Metall normal tarif and after ERA was started salaries didnt worsen.

I started in 2006 as a fresh graduate in Bayern where IG Metall tariff was applicable and not a Haustariff but this differs company to company as you know. Me and my fellow starters started with approx. 55K including Urlaubsgeld etc. And I was not an exception.

So with due respect to you VP_2004, probably things just changed over the last couple of years in the semiconductor industry. Or we are in different states or we are talking about completely different timeframes.

-------------------------

SAMIND

You probably didnt start at a company with a tariff system or you have a degree from Fachhochschule. About 6 years back Infineon put university graduates in 6.1 and fachhochschule graduates in 5.1 with zero work-experience.

Yes Hamburg EG11 is higher than Bayern EG11. But I am not surprised because EG11 in Hamburg is the highest level possible and EG12 is the highest in Bayern.

But anyway, this is not the point of discussion now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 7:05 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
so, you know what I have said about the 6.1 and 5.1. I started luckily with 6.2 but at that time, when I compared Muenchen 6.1 and my state 6.1 there is only 300-400 brutto different.
however, it was in old time. Nowaday people get less paid, unfortunately :-(.

So 55K as the beginning isn't reasonable.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 7:32 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
@Supersid

I was a TU graduate. but you are right, I was not under tarifvertrag, but my salary roughly reflected current EG8 Grundstufe.

PS: regarding the highest level. Even EG12 stufe B of Bayern is less than EG11 grundstufe of Hamburg area!

Cheers
Samind
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/11 8:40 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
@VP2004

Ofcourse salaries change and I know that change from IG metall to ERA hurt some. I also agree that I dont know exact Masters graduate salaries at Infineon now. At the same time, I know some PHD graduates 0 work ex earning 65K in two tarif companies in Munich region.

Lets say a person joins without PHD, ie University Masters. Dont you think that -10K would be fine as an offset?

------------------
Consulting salaries are rather correct which I mentioned btw. I am quite uptodate with the salaries there.
------------------

@SAMIND

Yeah, you are right Hamburg EG11 is higher than
Bayern EG12. Just saw it emoticon

But I doubt that this indicates anything about the salary levels in two states. I also think we cant objectively compare the salaries between the two states. The factors which affect it are too many.

BTW, even in Bayern you can be in EG11 and earn more than EG12 based on your seniority.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/2/12 12:16 PM as a reply to Sanjay R.
@ supersid
One can not start in EG10b at least with Siemens. In small cities they offer 9a and in Munich like cities it is 10a after one year one jumps automatically to b.

14% Erfolgsbeteiligung is only possible after 6 months probation. So for a fresh grauduate it is not 55K in the beginnig but yes after one year it is possible.

And one remains in same EG class untill his/her responsibilites are changed dramatically. Else the salary rise after one year follows inflation or anuall negotiaions with companies by IG Metal.

Senority does not matter any more. EG tariff are according to your responsibility. Which means a person working in EG10 since 10 years would withdraw the same salary as a fresh graduate after one year of working (if he/she is also in EG10).

That's a fact and a reason why many employers are not happy about Metal tarrif.

In Germany fresh graduate salaries are higher but with time the rise in salary is not so strong because simply EG class is not changed.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott