Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Regarding SAP BASIS job

Toggle
Regarding SAP BASIS job
Answer
9/14/14 10:14 AM
Dear All,

I have applied for interview date for German job seeker visa.I am having 4+ years of Experiance as a SAP BASIS Consultant in a French based multinational IT organaization in India.Recently i am checking the job market for SAP BASIS guys for this much amount of experiance,But most recruiters wants person with German language knowledge.So, is it possible to get a job with only English language knowledge in 6 months duration?My question might be kind of silly but you guys can guide me friends.

Regards,
Shan
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Regarding SAP BASIS job
Answer
9/14/14 4:06 PM as a reply to shan Gadhavi.
shan:
Dear All,

I have applied for interview date for German job seeker visa.I am having 4+ years of Experiance as a SAP BASIS Consultant in a French based multinational IT organaization in India.Recently i am checking the job market for SAP BASIS guys for this much amount of experiance,But most recruiters wants person with German language knowledge.So, is it possible to get a job with only English language knowledge in 6 months duration?My question might be kind of silly but you guys can guide me friends.

I am not into SAP... recruiters are your best source of info.

Regards,
Shan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/15/14 9:45 AM as a reply to shan Gadhavi.
Hello There,

I am into SAP.

To be frank, without German Language knowledge, do not consider applying for Job seeker visa.

Once You are fluent enough to manage the Business Conversation (Not  C1), there will be good chances of getting a job within 6 months.

If I were You, I will first get a good level of German knowledge and then apply for Job seeker visa.

BR,
U
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/16/14 8:33 AM as a reply to U S.
Dear All,

Thank You for your quick reply.

Regards,
Gumansinh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/14 11:15 PM as a reply to shan Gadhavi.
Hi Shan,

The skillset (SAP BASIS + German C1) is like hot cake. From A1 to C1 will take you from 1.5 years to 2 years, depending on circumstances. If you are steady to work in this direction then start right now. 

And return to this thread after you are done with C1 and BASIS exp of 6 years. You will have multiple opportunities and companies will beg you to join them. This is not heard from anyone else. This is my personal experience.

Wish you all the best. 

Cheers
Max
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/17/14 8:44 AM as a reply to Max Grand.
Dear Max,

At first thank you for your quick reply and information.I got traning for 30 Hours of German language.Now i can Speak,Read,Write,Understand German language.Can i apply for job with this much amount of knowledge?.My learning sences are so fast.

Regards,
Shan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/14 10:00 AM as a reply to shan Gadhavi.
Shan, to reach C1 one has to attend 900 hours (A1-C1) of classes/training. Each sub level has minimum 100 hours. Now you can imagine where can we put 30 hours of your training!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/14 12:50 PM as a reply to shan Gadhavi.
Dear Shan,

It's really appreciable that you are learning fast. But I can give you a small feedback to make your preparations go as per market expectation. I, as an ex german language teacher in one of the Goethe Instituts, would opine that it requires at least 1000 hours of study, that means in the level between B2 to C1. Believe me, a language is not like Oracle, JAVA and SQL. Most of the software companies and HR think that if a guy can learn JAVA in three month's training, then why not german. This is the biggest mistake they do. Just imagine, the time you needed to learn your own tongue properly. And as Indians, just imagine after how many years of studying in the school, did you start writing good english the way you do today ? Think yourself and you will find the answer.

My intention is not to demotivate you but to set your expectation right. I think as a researcher in language field i should inform people about this.

Please be ready to spend at least 1.5 years to speak "GOOD" sensible german in the professional field. Those who want overnight success, will definitely learn after a few months that language learning is not comparable with JAVA, SQL AND Oracle.

Wish you all the best.

Cheers
Max
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/14 12:43 PM as a reply to shan Gadhavi.
When people talk about "German knowledge" and "getting it first before seeking something", they usually assume that some person with lots of free time on their hands will invest in a full time super intensive course and learn C1 level German, which will take you anywhere from 1.5 to 2 years just to apply for a friggin job. And having a "normal" conversation with someone good enough to land you a job will take a huge amount of effort. And if your job needs you to have a really good command of german, then trust me, being an auslander with even a C1 certificate will not get you to the top of employment queue simply because your german will never be that good enough for data entry in SAP systems.

Apply for H1B lottery or go to Australia rather than subjecting yourself to the grind and torture of the German work environment.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/16 10:04 AM as a reply to shan Gadhavi.
Hello, Shan!
I believe you could have a look at freelance SAP job opportunities here. It won’t be hard to find a decent SAP job with your years of experience. Think it over! There are high hourly rates on this website and it’s commission free. You will be able to apply for any freelance project you like online or just post your resume and portfolio and wait for feedback. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott