Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Maximum amount of Gold Jewelry while flying into germany

Toggle
Dear Experts,

My Family's reunion Visa has been granted recently and they would join me soon.

However, I would like to know, if there is a limit to the Personal Gold jewelry, which we can bring into Germany?

If yes, then please let me know how much is it, or please provide a link to the appropriate page/site.

Thanks in Advance,
Uday
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Maximum amount of Gold Jewelry while flying into germany
Answer
9/4/14 11:23 AM as a reply to U S.
Hi, 

I had such a problem when my mom come to visit us a couple of years ago, as she was/is a diplomat, it went smoothly but the officer took time to explain me this (AFAIK there is no particular regulation about that but it goes with a certain logic):
Regarding money, one is allow to carry a maximum of 10000 euros when entering in Germany (or the EU), the value of personal gold you can carry with you amount to (10000 EUROS - the money you have on your - the actual value of the gold according to the stock exchange on that day).
So say you have 2000 EUROS on you and the stock exchange value of Gold 61,80 EUR for 31,10 g (at time of this writting), you can carry 4,025 kgs.
That's quite a lot but who will carry 4 kgs of gold?

I unfortunately can't say it's 100% like that, but I just based my calculations on what the officer told me so not to that as a legal advice.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Maximum amount of Gold Jewelry while flying into germany
Answer
9/4/14 12:23 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Thanks Mr.Nobody (Quite a good name, you have chosen for You, cheers)

That should be enough for me to go ahead with my decisions. Yes, as I did not find any information in any of the customs website, I sought to ask here.

Thank You and Have a great day ahead,
Uday
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3